Saturday, July 08, 2023

The Adventure Starts

July 6th

 I thought this adventure would never materialize  - Covid be gone!!!  Well it's here but not sure I've the excitement I had 3 years ago!  But I'm all planned out - so going!!!

Hmmm guess anxiety and excitement didn't agree with sleeping!  So up, exercised, breakfast and last minute TO DOs and still time to pass!  Well this is the first vacation I've decided to totally enjoy and not concern myself with souvenirs/gifts for myself or others!  Hmmm will I stick to this, I wonder???

Thank you to Nafisa and Said for taking me to the airport today! I've gone through checkin and got Tim's lunch and now at my gate.

They were very polite and helpful, luggage straight through to Amsterdam. 

I was early but that's better on my system than a couple that have been paged FOUR times that their plane to Cancun is fully boarded and ready to depart! SHEESH!!!

So now a slightly shorter time to connect with my Amsterdam flight, hope we're not delayed anymore! 😉


Bye-bye Winnipeg 


Hello turbulence Toronto!

Hello again CN Tower!

And Mississauga Marilyn Munro Towers!

Well I slept for most of the flight listening to their music.  And I had two hours to spare but that long walk carrying my bag just about did me in.  So i grabbed a pizza slice - mediocre - but tk about lack of seating near my gate - people sprawled everywhere on the floor.  Flights seem to be JAM PACKED and asking that large carryons be checked for free now or later if taken will be at 2nd bag cost.  Another half hour and boarding should start for Amsterdam!  

SHEESH!!!  Talk about a close call E 73 called for Zone 4 boarding - that's me so off I went!  I'm tired and anxious so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!  I got near tthe front and asked if this was Amsterdam - AC guy laughed and said OH NO it's to Copenhagen, E72 is Amsterdam.  DAMN!!!  So off ii went to the very back again of my gate!

Dang I'm drained and freezing at both airports and on the plane!  I NEED a drink!

Well this flight was about 2 hours too long - I woke from at least most of it with ACs pillows and blanket plus my hoodie on as my ears and hands were COLD, air vents were closed!  BUT my left knee is swollen and shooting pains, TA to the rescue, rubbing and finally asked the guy next to me if I could orop my foot on his bag.  Soon after lights on and IOGO yogurt (I tried it - no go), crussant and juice.  I swear they just fed us supper, I had wine with mine!  My BUTT is sore, got up and walked a bit.  Now over Wales/Scotland and 1 hr 18 min to go!

I just realized I'm so glad I borrowed Linda's phone lanyard - one less thing to worry about!



I had medical masks on both flights except to eat!




July 7th

OMGG - we waited 20 minutes out on the tarmack before getting to our gate, they announced it was very congested! Amsterdam Schiphol airport is total "confusion" - construction followed me here too and even the staff weren't sure what gate our luggage was arriving at! I swear we walked in circles and that place is HUGE even with moving sidewalks! Finally 2 hours after landing we found our luggage and off to meet the Avalon Rep in the public part with scattered machine gun toting army personnel and a taxi to my Hotel Jakarta - swanky!!!

Naturally 12:30 my room is not ready for me, so out onto the patio for an Indonesian finger food light lunch and wine! Beautiful!!!



By this time the room was ready and down for just 1 hour nap before out exploring!

I'm too tired to post today's fun after getting myself turned around trying to find the stupid tram that was right in front of me. So two hours of walking with pain I hobble into the hotel and met with concern! Sadly the pool was closed but the young chap ran and got me an ice pack and off to my room, Tylenol Arthritis and bed!!!  

Tomorrow I meet Margreet at the train station!!!


No comments: