Friday, July 14, 2023

Avalon - Day 4 - Cont'd

July 12th - Avalon Day 4 - Rudesheim 

Okay we are now docked in Rudesheim and took the choo choo train (that's what the Cruise Director called it and thankful for that because of cobblestone like roads etc that my ankles do not like) to Siegfrieds Mechanisches Musikkabinett, automatic music instruments, ranging from the tiniest music box to the giant ConcPiano-Orchestrio.  One of the largest collections of self-playing music-instruments can be seen and heard in the ancient Bromserhof (13th century), close to the famous Drosselgasse in Rudesheim on the Rhine.



The song Loreley plays on this one.

I just love this one!



Our guide danced and even sang, alongwith some of our group.


This is the largest piece and when put together it just fit in.


The gramophone recorded a record and played too!



Love the ceiling!


Many boxes are tinier than this one.


Interesting! 

WOW!!!




Siegfried and his wife, now his children and grands are carrying on.


Then I got to take the cable car above the vineyards up to the Niederwald Monument for a couple pictures before returning to browse the Christmas Store, which I was disappointed with.  

Going up the lift.




At the top!

Coming down the cable car.



From the cable car.
Just about forgot to take this picture!


The Christmas Store. 

There were many large beautiful German ornaments but not tree sized ones I was looking for.  But I found some in a touristy shop that remind me of those scroll saw ones I bought from local craft sales and Sage Greenhouse.  I was very glad the train arrived and brought us back to the ship for our trip to Koblenz for the night.  Hmmm wonder if I'll get any laundry done or wait for England?

Well I invited myself to sit with two sisters from Mexico, interesting ladies!  We are double docked for the first time and have to go through the other ship to get to shore tonight - I'm staying put!  We've classical music entertainment tonight.




No comments: