Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 16th - Avalon Day 8 - to Paris Cont'd

July 16th - Avalon Day 8 - to Paris Cont'd 

Talk about funny!  Like 20 minutes in the Conductor announces we were at our destination  and I was very surprised and said "WHAT"!  Well my seat neighbours all laughed and said there are other stops enroute - like the cruise!!!  DUH ME!  Not sure why I thought we were on a direct trip?!?

Hmmm can't see much because of trees, walls or track yards until you come toa vilkage/town but most houses are old and in need of repair or cosmetic work.

A very long roller-coaster! 
















OMG we are "FLYING" now and my ears are going crazy with built up pressure!  Gum to the rescue!!!

Some of the "wheat" fields look like major weather damage about 3/4 hour before Paris.  I do not like these mini tunnels either - ears pop!

I dozed off a few times and we arrived in Paris at 12:20 on schedule and had an hour to find lunch at various kiosks.  Hmmm not impressed with my first veggie bun but liked the chocolate filled croissant!  Definitely looking for a pizza Cafe for supper.  We were told restaurants were expensive but street kiosks not so, plus beer was much taxed whereas wines not as much.

No comments: