Monday, July 10, 2023

Catchup - Amsterdam Cont'd

July 8th - with Margreet - afternoon

Then after returning we walked through lovely streets, stopping to stretch my cramping leg and also for cold refreshments at a street Cafe. 





Then off to "the Hortus" - Amsterdam's Hortus Botanicus - where their 123 year old famous elm tree guarding the entrance was ripped from the ground in Wednesday's worst summer storm. Glad I didn't fly then! This was my first visit to a butterfly house and talk about hotter and more humid than outside was today, and that was hot! We decided to stay here for lunch and again forgot to take a picture of the refreshing and tasty sardine (tasted like salmon to me) and cucumber on lettuce and heavy sourdough bread before heading back to Central Station!
























Rembrandt's home before he was bankrupt.

Monument to honor the war casualties.

Royal Palace, but King/Queen live in Hague, the church on right is where he was crowned.


It was so very awesome to have had this chance to meet Margreet from my CQI and Hearts online groups that I've been in some 20 years! And she even gave me one of her special crazy patched notebooks and a few Amsterdam gifts. The funny part is at the A'Dam I was going to buy a bicycle tote but they wouldn't accept anything but the Red Card and here she gave me one!!! I too had a little something for her but my crazy patched hearts are still not finished - maybe soon!

So this time I caught the 43 bus straight to my hotel, no more walking and another ice pack after cleaning up, then down to the Restaurant for a noodle stir fry with shrimp, pinot grigio and mango sorbet for dessert. At least I caught up with my journal!


Tomorrow is early moving onto the Imagery II cruise ship.

No comments: