Friday, July 21, 2023

July 21st - London to Stratford-upon-Avon

July 21st - London to Stratford-upon-Avon 

Well I'm packed and hauled my bags down the carpeted stairsfor tthe last time. Now out of the hotel, Uber over to Marylebone Station to catch my train from here to Stratford Station. One way was 36.20€ return is 36.40€ open for a month, weird, you know which one I took! Looks like another lovely day. Ohhh the more chimneys in a row means more fireplaces in the house. I wonder what they use now as coal was outlawed YEARS ago? 


So far all is good, having a Starbucks Chai Latte and cinnamon roll for breakfast.  Okay for some reason I wasn't watching the time and just made my train and before I could figure out where, what, etc I got chewed out by a local, near to tears. Once she heard I was travelling she did try to assure me I was on the right train along with others. Oh I DO NOT like the passing trains on the next track nor the short tunnels! It feels like suction vac and my ears pop!!! The Station changing trains went smoothly too.









Once I arrive I'm looking for a laundromat - I need clean clothes! London hotel was too cool and kinda damp for hand laundry!

No comments: