Monday, July 24, 2023

July 24th - London Overnight

July 24th - London Overnight 

I've arrived back into London at the Victoria and Albert Free House at the Marylebone Station and needed lunch as breakfast was 8ish and continental.



YUMMY!!!

WOW that was the LONGEST taxi ride I've ever taken but I'm finally at the Leonardo Heathrow Airport Hotel, classy like, but again every transaction to be paid by CARD - so very annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!  Wanted something from the convenience stuff, wouldn't take cash and had to be paid separately not charged to the room, left it!  

Now relaxing with feet up in the lounge with wine!  Trying to pass the time by before supper later on and the evening relaxing again!  Well that was short lived!  But DANG it after half hour an more coughing I packed it up to my room to relax!  It's just too dang cold and AC blowing no matter where I sat - its not hot out!  Up here it's cold too so shut off the AC period, feet under covers.  HEY! first fancy hotel without a bar fridge!!!  Well besides the Melbourne tiny room - no extra space there at all - lots of room here though!



View out my window.

Then I find out they can't charge my afternoon wine and water to my room nor my nice supper because it was a third party booking. AND they would not take my CC now and process on check out! I did not have this nonsense at other hotels!!! Finally after some annoying discussion they are allowing my transactions charged to the room and tomorrow I'll pay the one bill on check out!

Dessert was lemon slice and raspberry sorbet, no picture.

Definitely a turn off for future travels! Previously here they wanted 50 pence for bathroom charges on the CC, no coin slots, and public transit also by CC - NO WAY - STUPID - this world is going to pots!!! Not sure what I'll do in the future! Guess it'll be cruises and all inclusives? As it is, I used the CC for larger items and will have to see what that tallies up to in charges! Very depressing at the end of a nice vacation overall!  Needless to say this put a damper on my evening and very glad I'm going home!

No comments: