Monday, July 10, 2023

Avalon - Day 2 Cont'd

July 10th - Avalon 2 - Cont'd 

Now back at Imagery II and checked out the awesome Sky Deck with a jaccussi (might try later on) and giant chess game but no swimming pool!






Ohhhh I could not resist the light lunch in the lounge but took it outside to enjoy!  It's so beautiful and quiet considering the traffic!  I can't wait till we sail!  I'm on the top deck in the cool breeze but fresh air!

OK a few minutes late but we are sailing out of Amsterdam!   It's so quiet I barely knew we were cruising!  BUT I sure could feel it and not sure I like that feeling in my stomach!  Maybe more wine today?  

Gang plank being raised.

Bye-bye Jakarta Hotel. 





Entering outskirts of Amsterdam. 

Oh oh what's ahead of us in the MIDDLE of the river?   We've caught up and our ship is slowing down with clunking noises and steering to the left to pass the slower ship.  Hey who said there's no rough water on a river - you're wrong!  Between the wind and oncoming traffic there is definite rocking, not to my liking!!!




Lots of freighters or oil tankers.


Reminds me of our Provencher walking bridge.

These are everywhere.   Plus river/canal has widened, good for the traffic we're encountering. 


Gosh it's so quiet in the lounge - where is everyone?  Only a few on deck but sun was too hot as they had to lower the sunshade because of low bridges.

Looks like our first set of LOCKS ahead and we're still! The gates are closed and now we are moving forward very very slowly, again stopped! OH WOW!!!! 






It's our turn now!


He threw the rope a few times before hooked up.





Out we go!



Apparently 13 more locks to go through!

Supper again was awesome - salmon for me and scrumptious vanilla ice cream with raspberry sauce instead of peanut butter sauce. This dessert is someone else's but looks yummy!


WOW!!! Merry reloaded AvalonGO app and finally I can get the daily program and not have to bother the desk!

Now I'm at Kareoke Night and lots of laughter!!! I can't sing and apparently can't read the words or remember them either but my voice sure got hoarse from trying!

Last walk around the sky deck and three pictures! Good night!

Beautiful!!!  Nijmegen, Germany


Fun on the beach, but DANG it's chilly!

No comments: