Sunday, July 23, 2023

July 23rd - Stratford-upon-Avon Day 3b

July 23rd - Stratford-upon-Avon Day 3b

Then we walked past the Rec Centre to the wildflower gardens and off to the newly built Marina and back around to the Church when it started to rain. 

Here's that boat from the river cruise going into the locks into the basin.


Manual locks.




Non edible type of chestnuts.

Here's another leaving the basin.








The weir end

Smaller locks.

Weird trees!


The reason for the barricades across.

Another weird tree and see the barricades,  it was calm water on the boat cruise side.

He's having fun learning control.

Thenewly built Marina.

School drama entertainment. 

We stepped into the Swan Theatre for lunch but not much left to choose from. So out we went - rain stopped and walked into the shopping area to the Midsummer Garden Cafe and had a lovely lunch before me hoping to find a stamp to mail off a card - ZIPPO! and Jane home!



My fish sticks sandwich - YUMMYY!!!


Lots of Harry Potter stuff.


Finally no one at his feet.

This is someone dressed up and acting out!

Menacing sky burnishing.



Another side of swan Theatre across from my hotel.

Arden Hotel, apparently all the actors stay here.
Were a few strangely dressed dudes around besides the wedding yesterday. 

t spit a few times but I saw a shop that had casual clothes at reasonable prices "LeafLifestyle Co" at Unit 2 Bell Court and didn't buy the blue one for 19P that caught my eye but a green one for 15P - thought that was a good price AND ONLY CASH!!!  We stopped yesterday into Marks and Spencer but prices were high.  So got back to the hotel and the Concierge took my card and cash and will post my card hopefully tomorrow! 

I was so drained I snoozed for an hour after rubbing down aching parts and now thinking of checking my hotel's dinner menue, apparently changes daily.  Thn back up to pack up and final postings as I have to catch my train tomorrow morning back to London to fly back Tuesday!!!  Happy and Sad!  🤗😮‍💨

No comments: