Friday, July 21, 2023

July 21st- Stratford-upon-Avon

July 21st- Stratford-upon-Avon 

So got here and waited 20 minutes for a taxi to turn up, when he heard I could walk there, I just about started crying, not a good day for me at all! Guess one can't travel here without phone access! Just about everything is online booking, ordering and paying too! Well got to Arden House, it's yard is overgrown, no one answers the doorbell and there's a for sale sign fallen onto the fence, no one's answering the phone either! Damn I should have emailed to ask for confirmation before I left as they weren't sure the place would open by July. So taxi took me to Arden Park as he thought that was my place not the classy Arden Hotel. Nope wrong and more money gone! So the owners of the Guest House allowed me to use their WIFI to check my emails and find another phone number and they called for me to explain and ask that someone please come get me! She wanted to have someone call me back - I said NO, it's not possible plus I'm frustrated, tired and very sore and imposed here long enough. Finally got picked up and taken to the "Hotel", same price as the kinda B&B I was originally booked into but it was having staffing issues. This place is closer to Jane too, Yeah!!! But DANG IT up two flights of spiral stairs!!!

So I gathered my laundry and walked out with a map and instructions! I still got lost but with kind help found it but it's not manned and not enough coin. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!! The Bull pub is across the street, off I go, a hole in the wall but they very kindly helped me out. So maybe clean clothes? Yes!!!




"Happy Birthday to Edn today" sorry I'm not there to celebrate with you!!! πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž Thinking of you and Sylvia lots, especially when in pain and feeling sorry for myself! This place may do me in instead of being a rest at the end of a busy vacation! Two flights of spiral carpeted stairs - agony. Plus everywhere is 3 steps up or down - what the heck! But it's nice and they even gave me a box of decadent chocolates and a card , see they asked the occasion of the stay and I said it was part of a delayed May 2020 65th birthday gift to me. Didn't expect that! But pricey restaurant here, maybe elsewhere too!




Hopefully food and rest will bring me a mucho better day tomorrow!!! πŸ™

No comments: