Saturday, July 15, 2023

July 15th - Avalon Day 7 - Last Day Sailing to Remich

July 15th - Avalon Day 7 - Last Day Sailing to Remich

Very very sluggish today!  Was woken a few times by banging against locks and slapping of water, maybe from passing boats or rainy weather as it is a quieter river.  Also my body is aching and probably needs some TLC!

It's a steady cool rain out so not sure how long I'll be outside on forward deck, rear deck has diesel fumes even though nicer.  But I just saw a swan gracefully fly by - DARN should have jumped up!!!

Well I checked and I'm signed up for the walking and wine tour but changed to the Luxembourg one BUT now decided to stay put and relax!!!
















WOW!!!  A flock of swans and their cygnets but no black swan viewed for good luck!  Talk about bird like area here - swans, herons, funny looking ducks, cormorants (?) 

Oh gosh these are very narrow locks!  Crew were out there cleaning off the windows as we rose upwards!

No comments: