Once it was received I knew right away what my theme was going to be and got to work on it. It's just too bad that I had to fall and thus impede my "sitting/stitching" time and naturally all projects sort of fell behind time.
Since I LOVE FALL so much and the richness of it that was going to be my main thread throughout the block. I was given a bag of ric rack and spotted this one right away so onto the block it was pinned. Most of the embroidery was done with size 5 and 8 perle cottons with a few regular embroidery floss embellishments along with the metallic accents. From my stash of motifs I found this tea-dyed butterfly and decided to add some orange rayon floss for accent and secure it in place too.
Now I was stumped as there were two patches that just called for attention but I was lost as to what they needed. After a bit I decided to fill one in with chains hopefully giving the impression of seeds blowing in the wind. Then at a local fabric artists meeting, my friend suggested appliqueing a maple seed in that other patch - well it worked just splendidly!!! Thank you Pat.
I added a few more minor touch ups on the seams and now I deem it FINISHED!!! Tomorrow it will be mailed off to Dorothy for the assembly and posting to the AAQI headquarters.