Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Fall - Update

As I had deduced after my fall, there is no major breakage as my Dr checked my mobility today (similar to what I did after I got up). If the tailbone has a crack they would not do anything for it anyways so no x-rays to confirm such.

What he does think is that my lower hip area is badly bruised mostly the “sacral nerves” and maybe even the “sciatic” and has prescribed an anti-inflamatory to help relieve some of the pain. So hopefully I’ll not have any adverse effects from this drug (also given for arthritic pain) and it will help over the next two weeks.

He basically said time is needed and didn’t recommend anything special etc. – just to keep up the walking for mobility. I find it takes at least two blocks before that localized pain recedes and then I can enjoy my walk. I might try going out at coffee time around a couple of blocks and see if that helps. Yes at lunch I definitely will continue my 2-3 km walks and just hope the heat and bugs aren't too bad this summer.  Right now it is just lovely out but I'm not one for summer heat or bugs so not sure what I'll do if those arrive!

By the way, this Dr that suggested last year that I lose 50 pounds, didn't even say a thing about my slimmer 20 pounds lighter self!  Dang his hide!!!  He darn well better notice and say something in June when it's checkup time again!!!  LOL!

No comments: