Saturday, April 10, 2010

2010 MPQ Quilt Reflections

WOW I can't believe the interest in this year's quilt show and we just about did not have it at all!!!  Yes the Guild was late to the starting block, but I can sure tell you the Committees all did a Wonderful Job!!!  AND to prove it the Choice Auction tickets for all those wonderfully presented baskets of donated goodies were all SOLD OUT (5,000 printed) by noon on Saturday.  I didn't even get any tickets and there's still all day Sunday of the Show to go!!!

BUT the Challenge Quilts this year were stunning and as of Saturday supper, mine and two others sat at $100 and one was at $150, the top bid - WOW!!! 

OMGG, I honestly could not believe the interest in my wall hanging!!! I've been getting lots of compliments on it and to think I just about did not finish it and put it into the show!!! I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed with the compliments and the bidding so far - yes I feel wonderful and proud of it, but yet am dumbfounded as I think there are others that are way more artistic and eye appealing than mine. All I can say is I felt good right from the first, in drafting it up and all the way through to even doing my first attempt at stippling, so I guess it showed! THANK YOU all!!! 

And then Kathryn of "Kathryn's Stitching Studio" paid me the honour of requesting to display some of my crazy quilted projects in her vendor's booth and here is a shot I took with the display board in the background.

Now lets hope that my items in the MPQ Boutique were to someone's liking and sold - that would make my day!!!  And then it's back to the other projects left behind because of the mad dash to finish things up for this show.

No comments: