Thursday, April 01, 2010

A Challenge - Showing Results

Well I walked home for lunch yesterday and finally remembered to weigh myself and WOW I’m still losing – guess the walking is helping for sure!!!  I’m now officially down 15.5 pounds from the heaviest that the Dr had recorded back in July 2009 (I thought it was Oct 2008) – so that’s just nine months ago – and that wasn’t the heaviest - that I know.  UGH!!!

Actually I think I’m starting to think differently about food too as I was going for some milk the other day and thought I’ll stop and have a burger or pizza at the mall then after the walk there I thought no pick up more salad on sale and go home and have the left over 3 pieces of mushroom flatbread pizza (it’s yummy) and a big salad and milk!  And you know what - it was very easy to change my mind and walk back to the house and I really enjoyed my supper!  Last year that would not have happened at all!!!

And the fact that I had to buy new pants and they are a SIZE 12 - haven't been there for years!!!  YAHOOIE!!!  This weekend is four days off work so that means four days of 5 km walks in - not just two!!!  Hope the weather cooperates for me to enjoy this!!!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

Awesome !!!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Congratulations!! That is an accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

Have a Happy Easter!!

Judy said...

Incredible!!! I know what you mean about your tastes changing - I am really not wanting fast food any more - pity when DH does...
I love the fish you made!! I have never had a Siamese fighting fish live very long, no matter how beautiful they are!
They made breakfast pizzas for after the sunrise service yesterday - I loved the fruit pizza especially - apricot jam and cream cheese (I would use something with more flavour, and put cinnamon in the crust), and strawberries, some slices of kiwi and tons of blueberries for toppings!