Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tatting Treasures

I'm sure some of you have heard me "whine" about the lack of lovely tatting supplies within our Winnipeg many a time!  Well after today I guess I better button up as I started off my Saturday spectacularly "tatting wise" if not "budget wise"!!!  I must say I wish it was not after such tragic circumstances though.

Recently, a well loved stitcher, Vera Deniset had passed away and after some time a garage sale was set up for today and tomorrow (but I'll stay away me thinks as I've spent enough) so many were able to pick up some of her treasures for keepsakes or like me to use.  Yes I found some tatting patterns, tatting cottons and Jeanette (another stitcher) found me three shuttles and some $25 later I left.  There was much more that I'd have LOVED to pick up but I had to restrain myself and be selective.

So here are my treasure from this garage sale (ranging from sizes 20, 30, 50 and the sand is 60 weight cottons):

And here is an example of one of the patterns from an older book using some of the cotton and one of the shuttles.

And last is a sample of "Allison Tatted Edging" from http://Be-Stitched.com using Yarnplayer's "A Leaf Falls" hand dyed #30 cotton.  Lovely and I will be doing more of this trim for my crazy patch blocks that is for sure.

2 comments:

Tat-a-Renda said...

You have got real treasures there and at a bargain too!

N. Maria said...

Oh, you lucky gal! What a great find!!!!