Saturday, March 27, 2010

Still Going Strong

Okay, I'm not sure why I'm still losing weight since my October 2009 changes to my bad eating habits but I won't rock the boat much.  Usually whatever diet plan I start works great for a couple of weeks and then I hit a plateau and sometimes a month or so and I'm still sitting there not a pound lost so naturally I give up and put back on even more this time.


Well it's just about 6 months and I'm still on the downtrend and sometimes only half a pound a week but I guess slower is better and also I'm learning better eating habits even if it is with regular foods, sometimes not as diet conscious as I should be.  BUT the big thing is I'm still pretty much Pepsi-free and definitely no diet Pepsi -UGH!!!  Also I've limited my chocolate intake too.  Now sometimes like today I did go a might overboard but heck the Aurora gatherings are known for their food feasts and I could not resist, but only had one serving and only one of the many desserts too.
  
WOW we had a total of 14 quilters for MOST of the day and a meal just about up there with Christmas Potluck!!!  That was just awesome!  Well so much for my losing - I probably put on a pound or two today!!!  AND thank you all for such interest in my bobbin work landscapes demo.  I see now that my marsh ones I have to ease up on the speed so I can move along more smoothly and not have such heaviness in the reeds at least.   Much appreciated.


Okay maybe I didn't do to much damage today for when I got home I went for a walk to Zellers (bought an outfit with my gift card leftovers and $30 of my own - $45 in total) then to Safeway for some veggies and fruit and walked back to the house.  Total round trip was 5210 steps or 3.43 km and tonight walking the dogs is 0.9 km so it will be close to the 5 km I wanted to try to do each day on the weekends.  Hey I probably made the equivalent with carting home the groceries and my tote/purse!!!   AND the good news is I'm back into size 12 again - it's been YEARS since I've been there!!!  LOL!


Hmmm at this rate there should be major changes to me by June, my next checkup, and I sure hope I don't shock the Dr too much!  LOL!  All I can say is I FEEL REALLY GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations!! I agree that trying to eat better is really easier in the long run than trying to lose weight! And the occasional holiday meal is part of a normal life!
As for me, I am hanging on by my fingernails, and telling myself that I will be getting two and possibly three days off next week! Both works will be closed the Friday and Sunday!!! Yay!!!

Linda Mullen said...

wow wow wow!! Keep it up Rose Anne