Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day to All!!!

Okay I totally forgot to wear GREEN today BUT our office does have a few appropriate decorations on display!!!  Did anyone check out Google's header today?

Boy am I ever glad I did my major walk at lunch when it wasn't so windy.  Gusts right now are up to 48 km/hr and glad it was at my back and not into my ears walking home!!!  What a difference a mere hour made - something is blowing in - actually I just heard SNOW!!!  I said winter was not finished with Manitoba just yet - it was too early for spring.

Well I walked across the bridge to Safeway to pick up Brookside chocolate covered pomegrante candies (to die for) and came home with whole grain breads, cucs, roasted turkey breast sandwich meats and individual fruit juices all on sale!!! WOW! Okay so the candy aren't diet related, but I am going to restrict myself to maybe every third day to have 6 only. I'll let you know if it works or not - but I'm sure gonna try.

I can tell you that if this brisk paced walking continues into the summer I'm going to perish from being overheated! I'm too warm now and the other day I had my spring jacket only! My girlfriend emailed me about Zellers & Walmart having the perspiration wicking sports clothing for $18-20 a piece so I'm gonna have to check it out as I can tell you that regular clothes are gonna kill me never mind stinky for the rest of the afternoon in the office - which I can not tolerate. And if I'm not cool I can see myself skipping walking which is not good since I'm still loosing (another lb this week) and feeling lots better. Now that's too fast in my opinion and not sure why except for the increased pace of my walk, as I've been heating more except in balanced moderation and have added an afternoon and evening snack of something like trail mix to keep me from munching other stuff. Hmmmmm.

It's too bad I don't care for mall walking as that might help with the heat - maybe I'll have to go walk around inside the Leg Bldg???  Who knows but by summer I'll have figured out something.  All I know is I need more protective walkers on my feet!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your dedication. Good luck.