Sunday, March 14, 2010

24 Hours Later!!!

OMGG now I know that Mom my precious Angel and the good Lord were both looking out for me yesterday!!!  I could not believe it - there was open water just past the snowbank I fell onto and I'm sure that if it had not held me the ice that was there was probably precarious!

See exactly 24 hours after my spill onto the river off the Riverwalk I took my camera and walked Assiniboine to the pathway down to the Donald St entrance to check out where and why I fell.  It's still a mystery to me as there definitely is nothing major to have caused that unless I had some vertigo from walking that edge!  Anyways I took some pictures, the first is a view of the river walk (was more clay pea soupie yesterday) with the ledge well inside of the rock riverbed except for this dock area where it drops down to water.  The next picture shows the close up of the open drain that is always marked even in winter as dangerous area - you can just see the black hole between the dock and bridge in the first picture.  And the third picture shows you the dock area about 3 feet down from the ledge to where the ice was yesterday and the fourth is the place I fell off from - like 16" wide or so and really nothing to trip over that I can see.

All I can say is "THANK YOU LORD for that snowbank"!!!

3 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

You're darn lucky that you didn't fall in!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I'm so glad you are ok. You were very lucky!! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Time to get a puppy Rose Anne to accompany you and remind you to behave yourself.
Hope it all heals soon.
Lynn