Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alzheimer Stitching Day!

Well I wasn't sure if I'd be able to help out with these 36" square lap quilts or not but I still went.  Yep my right side is sore and my elbow is skinned and burns like crazy along with my shoulder.  Don't know if that rotator cuff will ever heal with these mishaps!!!  {shaking my head} 

But I (along with a small box of upholstery and cotton fabrics) joined both my nieces and other ladies at the Riverview Community Centre and helped stitch up 6 tops between Pat and I.  Audrey was cutting squares the whole time and I'm sure she'll be aching tomorrow as that is hard work and I stayed away from it totally.  It was truly interesting and challenging stitching up these various fabrics but gosh I can sure say they made up some very interesting touchie feely quilts for them to fondle.  We had a lovely potluck lunch then returned to the afternoon full of stitching. 

And only once did I clip my bruised elbow into my sewing machine which naturally brought the aches to the forefront once again, Advil to the rescue.  Yep I enjoyed this stitching day and look forward to doing it once again.  I then went home and quickly packed up a large box with the rest of the upholstery, fake fur and other basic fabrics and returned to the Centre to drop it off - yep they still were there.  So that's like a banana box and a half out of my sewing room and going to a good cause - fabrics I know I would not be using and did not want to waste.  YEAH!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your a trouper Rose Anne, and still as usual you manage to be there for others.
Lynn