Sunday, March 21, 2010

Garden Critters Postcards

Okay I've finally got caught up on my this FunFriendly postcard swap and they are mailed today too.  I don't know how I missed this "Garden Critters" swap as I know I'd have signed up for it ASAP as I had my favourite idea for them - my tatted dragonfly and butterflies - thankfully they let me in!!!  Thanks girls and then I had to goof up and fall behind again!!!  SORRY!!!

Anyways, the tatting finally was completed Thursday and then over the weekend I assembled the fronts with some large sequin flowers and beads, printed off the backs (yep got ink finally into my printer), sandwiched the postcards and today I satin stitched all around.  Yep I like them even though they don't portray the garden scene I first envisioned, but the tatted "flys" did not show up like they do on this impressionistic type fabric so I changed plans in the end.

For Jo F, Joy A, Wendy G and Eva G
MINE
Extra #389

Now onto my other crazy patch blocks and hopefully make some headway on them this week.

1 comment:

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

The postcards are Great!! Are the postcards made of material or fabric? You mention stitching around the postcards, but you also said you printed the back? Anyway they are lovely and glad to see you made one for yourself!