Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lovely Day!!!

WOW talk about a SUPER SPRING like day here in Winnipeg - I've even opened the window for some fresh air in my apartment.  Wonder how long it will last or if Mother Nature still has some snow/winter for us Manitoban's before long?  Anyways it is awesome and as soon as I have my lunch I'm going for a walk to the Forks for a visit and then back to continue stitching.

This morning was our Guild quilting meeting and I had various items to drop off for a friend, my sister and myself and also pick up info for the Quilt Reflections quilt show coming up April 9th to 11th here in Winnipeg.  During this meeting I was working on my tatted dragonflies and had many compliments on the process and I think interest in my fabric postcards that will feature some of my tatting that will be in the Boutique too. 

Then to my SURPRISE I received a package from a fellow quilter that I admire her stitched projects and creativity whenever showcased.  Well she brought me in a vest that she had made but does not want anymore and THOUGHT I could use it for my projects - like cut it up!  Now I didn't have a very good look at it except that I saw olive green fabric so thought HMMMMM but then out of the bag came this book and WELL that for sure is a keeper as I don't have this one, but have borrowed it from the Libraries many times.  So a very heartwarming hug was given and hopefully I was not too rough on tiny Pat L, but I truly appreciated your generosity and for thinking of me.


Now since getting home I pulled out the vest and lo and behold it fits me and I will not be cutting it up - might even be showcasing it at the Quilt Show, you never know!  I like it very much.  Just lovely and definitely wearable.

1 comment:

kerrykatiecakes2 said...

Lucky girl Rose Anne! This does not seem to be an easy book to find anymore so how nice for you to have your own copy! Love the vest too!
Hugs,
Kerry