Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Interesting Day!

Well I finally had my "dietitian" meeting today and was quite impressed with Liz!  First off she was ready and waiting for me, then checked my blood sugar 5.2 at 3:30 pm which is great for midmeal time and then took my weight which is down another 3.5 pounds from a month ago.  PHEW, I thought I'd be in for it as this weekend was not so great as to watching my intake at all but I did have more exercise than usual.  LOL! 

We went over some of the food groups with more concern towards diabetis, even though I'm not at that stage as yet, but maybe I can straighten myself out now and delay such from happening too soon.  So now I'm on my own to plan my meals better and also using the Dietitians of Canada website for their eaTracker tool to see how I'm doing compared to the food guide etc.  This is time consuming but maybe once I get used to it it'll go faster but basically today was well under the requirements except for "meats" which I know that is my excess area.  But my calorie intake was only 852 kcal while my energy requirement to maintain my current weight is 2071 kcal - so naturally I'll be loosing weight.  Lunch was slim today as I had a chicken ceasar salad and coffee - not my usual of a meat sandwich and veggies.  She did say that my initial cutting out Pepsi and drastically reducing my sweet intake along with cutting out second helpings and snacking has probably made the most impact to weight loss and will continue until I hit my first plateau then it may be a bit of a struggle. 

I'm just amazed that I'm still loosing - guess it just goes to show that "cutting back" will make a difference too!  So it will be interesting to see how I do when I have more groceries here etc.

3 comments:

tattrldy said...

Congratulations on your progress! Having to watch what you eat can be challenging, but with support it's not as bad. Keep up the good work! (Saying goodbye to Pepsi is hard - I'm working on it, too!)

Linda Mullen said...

WTG Rose Anne!

Judy said...

Congratulations! That sounds much easier than my latest attempt at losing weight - commonly called having a root canal. Keep up the good work!