Tuesday, July 18, 2023

July 17th - Avalon Day 9 - Paris 3

July 17th - Avalon Day 9 - Paris 3

I'm intriqued with the lobbies.  


I've decided to take the morning tour so via subway to the L'Atelier des Lumières for the morning and then I'll play it by ear on what I'll do with the rest of the day.  I know I'll go to the Gallery Lafayette just a block away to their terrace for coffee or wine and city sights.  Otherwise who knows.  Depends on the bruise on how bad the pants bother it, right now it's irritated but not paining.  I'm not giving in!

Update:  I'm booked to go up the Eiffel Tower for 8pm, hope it clears up by then!

Breakfast was OK but not like the Cruise.

OMGG they said a short walk after the subway, was like a 20 minute walk on cobbles and wreaked havoc on my hip/leg and I felt sorry for the man with bad knees! BUT I'm kinda glad I changed my mind and went to this! It was very different from an art gallery but also the music and light shows were too much for me - I closed my eyes and relaxed! Some realistic art/photos were awesome! I even went into the room of mirrors briefly and up to the Gallery to get an overall view! That was worth the limb in the dark! Then upon exiting Maria's hubby asked if I wanted to share a cab back to the hotel!!! I jumped at it and gave my monies to them to pay. So glad and saw some more sights as traffic was slow. 



























Also Maria is going to join me for the Gallery Lafayette after lunch.




No comments: