Friday, July 14, 2023

July 13th - Avalon Day 5 - Cochem

 July 13th - Avalon Day 5 - Cochem

Such a peaceful river to cruise on! But DANG that breeze is chilly, had to get my sweatshirt - others in cover ups too! Now I'm see sawing trying to decide - Castle or no Castle - I'm ready just in case!!!

From the docked ship.

The Grilled lunch on the Sky Deck was awesome - BBQ ribs, coleslaw, French fries and a small piece of scrumptious corn on the cob! Yes I forgot to take a picture - it smelled so good I just dived in and cleaned it off!!!

OK I enjoyed the Castle tour but it was not quite what I expected and was able to do the stairs and cobblestones back to the beginning. 


It's ownership story.





I love this picture!




Most expensive piece - a wardrobe

♥️♥️♥️

♥️♥️♥️


The courtyard view.

Water drawing well, lots of glasses and cameras lost own there!

Front side, right round tower is the Witch's Tower and said to be haunted, no viewing at all. 

Front, left side.


♥️♥️♥️

We're leaving.


Off the small cramped bus for a walking tour.



♥️♥️♥️


She's everywhere. 

water fountains everywhere. 

Another phone booth used for book exchange. 

church window of previous steeple picture 

View from the river street

Wine press now only used for ice wine.


Different dates of floids in this are.
See next picture where the dark painted foundation is.


A history of different occupations.

Near the end I tried to find a Pharmacy to buy nail polish remover and nail polish as the ship does not have a salon - no luck! Was told to go to the supermarket across the bridge down from the ship! Yeah right, their not far is totally different from what my aching body could tolerate! But after what seemed ages, me thinking of turning around, a lady said just around the corner at "dm" sign. OK did it, got what I wanted and kindly asked the clerk to call me a taxi and like in 5 minutes I was back to the ship!!! I gave him a BIG tip and gestured to have a drink on me!!! The Cruise Director thought I had fallen and rushed out to help! I told him I was just stupid and walked too far - glad I had a walking stick with me! So asked for a Sea Breeze and peanuts and went to the room to lay down an hour! Supper is going to be in the lounge tonight!

No comments: