Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Crappy & Creative

Well not sure if I'm finally succumbing to the germs around the office with some sick co-workers walking around OR if it's my allergies starting up with a major BANG!!! All I know is I've been sneezing, coughing, running eyes and nose and feeling downright crappy this week and today I feel like cotton baton stuffed up my right cheek and into the head!!! Yep CRAPPY!!!

Anyways, I've a tonne of work to do so being productive as I've Friday off to enjoy another quilt show and retreat with fellow Aurora quilters in Morden. I'm looking forward to being a passenger for a change and able to just relax away the weekend hopefully by the pool and indulge in mega hours of hand stitching. Yep, I'm leaving my sewing machine at home this time and just working on my blanket stitching of needlecases ordered, CQd postcards slightly late, the CQd Mystery Project for another group along with my own embroidery works if I've time! I can do my hand stitching anywhere there's a chair (heck sometimes even standing up too) and decent lighting, but I'll pack my OttLite just in case. We even have lunch booked for Saturday at the Tea House - yep hopefully pampered all weekend.

And I was BADDDD the other day!!! See Dale Anne, you and your creativity have done me in good time now!!! Yep started to check out my various blogs I have links saved and there's one called Beadlust that I just LOVE!!! Well doesn't she have a registration for a "challenge" so to speak starting in September and running for a year of designing your own beaded pieces monthly - you set your size and keep that for each month - the theme is your's.

Well I joined and now hopefully I'll be inspired by others in the group to create my own works of art!!! So the other night after reading the 2007 rules and some of the gals suggestions for newcomers for 2008 - ideas were running rampant and I've got all 12 pieces planned out along with a writeup I'll be posting with each. SHEESH as if I don't have enough to do!!! But it seems I've got this "journaling" thingie in my head figured out a heck of a lot better with beading than I do with quilting? Ohhhh and so far I'm thinking of doing the postcard 4"x6" size for my first try.

YOWL and try to go to bed after that - even more ideas kept popping in but I gave up writing down and finally crashed. Then I wake up to some stupid work dream - at least I was not late!!!

No comments: