Sunday, April 13, 2008

It's Been a BLAST!!!

NOW TALK ABOUT A GREAT FINISH TO A DAY!!!

I'm not sure if I had mentioned earlier that neither Sylvia nor I received ribbon prizes for our quilt entries at the Show. Oh well maybe next time! Well on Saturday the various Sponsors for the Show walked around and made their choices for their various awards and kept it quiet till the banquet last night. This sold out banquet was filled with awesome Choice Auction baskets, a Pfaff computerized sewing machine as a door prize and the various Awards announced along with the guest speaker Judy Morningstar (humourous awesome quilter) - and AWESOME event.

WELL after a number of awards presented Wendy announced on behalf of the owner Stacy Thiessen of Quilter's Cottage, Stonewall MB, for the Best Pieced Quilt was awarded to Sylvia Stadnyk (my sister!) for her "Victorian Star" - WOW WOW WOW - you'd think I had won that award as I was in tears and so excited - just unreal!!! AND to think because of my stupidity we just about missed entering our quilts!!!! She received a lovely white rosette and ribbon with the guild emblem and information and year along with a cash prize. WOW!!! SHEESH, I definitely will be reading all forms and noting them in my calendar the next SHOW!!!



And here is her Geese on the Pond which is for sale:



Now Sylvia had a couple more wall hangings on show but they are not listed here.

Then in my excitement I just about forgot to mention that we each chose a postcard and fabric candy from the centre piece at our table and in two of those candies were notes that one person got to take home the lovely heart picture holder and my sister won the guild member's pieced table topper centre piece!!! WOW!!!

And here are pics of me and my quilts in the competition but no ribbons:







So today is the last day and we'll find out how our Boutique items sold. Yep a lovely weekend but shoot I'm am totally pooped and glad I took a vacation day on Monday!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sisters award winning quilt is just stunning!!Did she also do the over-all quilting on it. All the entries are gorgeous!I think they are all winners! Sounds like your gonna need a nap!1 Debbie rquirion@roadrunner.com

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, it's a lovely quilt indeed. Wasn't it just an awesome show? Congrats again to your sister.