Friday, April 18, 2008

WISP finished off!!!

Well I had a rough start to the day and a very upset stomach all afternoon but finally I think that may be passing. I basically relaxed and stitched together crazy patched and embellished pieces for a booklet needlecase nice and slow as I had no instructions - played it by ear!!! Just a lazy evening with feet up and watching HOCKEY!!!


Then and now with angel and rhinestone buttons added.

Yep, WOW, I can't believe it but a long set-aside UFO or WISP (works in slow progress) as I like calling mine is finally finished. I'm not even sure the person who asked for it even remembers it? He He He!!! Oh well then it will be an awesome surprise when it arrives!


Then and the next signed and an angel and a rhinstone button added.


Then and now with charm of thread with needle added.

Anyways I've used bits and pieces of my 1930s reproduction scraps and naturally stitched my spider and web but very amateurish back then but I did make a lovely SRE hummingbird - WOW!



There's not much embellishments on this baby - not like I've been doing lately but I decided to let it be rather than incorporate newer skills to something done 2-3 years ago.


Then and now with measuring tape bow added.

I even found some "old" buttons at an antique shope and I think both just finish off the project!


Then and now with scissor charm added.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow Rose Anne, that needle case is lovely. Lucky person who receives it.

Joy A.

Dale Anne Potter said...

Looks FABULOUS!
I recognize some of those 30's scraps....LOL!
GOOD JOB! And hope you are feeling better today.

Faye said...

Well done Rose Anne, it must be nice to get something finish, that was started years ago...
Good on ya... Faye