Saturday, April 19, 2008

What a Day & WISP!!!

Ohhh myyyyy! Well my stomach has subsided quite a bit but not 100% but at least I've enjoyed today tens times more than yesterday I can tell you!

First off I gingerly picked up some egg rolls for potluck lunch at the quilting meeting and stitched the day away with friends. I even finished off tying the Aurora lap quilt we started in Sept at Tami's cabin retreat - now just to do the bindings on this and two other twin quilts my sister quilted for donations. Slowly but surely I'll get there.

ALSO I can't believe I forgot to attach the accessories I had chosen for that CQd needlecase WISP yesterday. So yes I've retaken the pictures and they are in the original post uploaded yesterday. I LOVE IT!!!

Also thank you to Val for bringing in some odds and ends for members to partake in; I took some princess flannel left over pieces (want to make a rag quilt with the pieces I've gotten from a co-worker and others) and the piece de resistance is a 10" square booklet of 100% silk samples in colours from cream - beiges mostly, with some roses, greens, blues and purples - WOW!!! Now they are all the same dotted prints but heck what a selection of colours for my crazy patches!!!

Then I came home, dropped everything off and headed out for a bit of shopping! I needed an iron badly before mine with it's totally shredded and wires exposed explodes on me one of these days - so yes I have a new one girls!!! Then I was BADDDD but heck I feel like a queen now with some new JEANS ($39) and JEAN JACKET ($35) (yep Sylvia and Pat a new more stylish one finally!!!) and another cheapie T-shirt in bright blue and two pairs of sandles - dressier than those I have. Yep even they can be worn with a dress if I remember what that is!!! LOL!

I was to visit the intimate apparel department also, but was too tired by then to tackle that issue so left and on the way home stopped and got this filthy car washed. Needless to say I'm beat and not up to anything except keeping this stomach at peace as it seems to be rebelling again! SHEESH!!! Probably reaction to the dent in the wallet!!! But I definitely was long overdue for these items (well except for the jeans maybe)!!!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Didn't I give you an iron from Quilt Canada? Don't you just love this awesome weather?