Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Just About!!!

Gosh it's no fun waking with a kink in your neck!!! I went to work and number crunched Monday with it before finally getting into my Chiro for some relief but today it's still a pestering me and I can tell you trying to keep up with stitching is a pain!!!

Anyways, after picking up the thread I ran out of I did manage to "quilt" my Celtic Knot but nothing else I tell you!!! That took all evening just to finish off the last few rounds and then the outer border and I even had to "rippit" as I had eyeballed it a bit too wide and it looked weird!!!

So here it is minus the binding! Not sure if you can tell the entertwined scallop in the purple border but I tried to mimic the applique with the two lines of stitching on each edge.



And here's a close up to show you the echoing of the applique on the green background - I tried to space each one a bit more out just like the ripples on water after a pebble is thrown.



And here is the back and a look at the very simple label I had seen somewhere but not sure where. Definitely no way it can be removed without major damage to the backing/quilt. Here you can also see the border quilting pattern I drew up cause I could not find my Easy Borders.



So hopefully tomorrow night I'll do up the binding and hopefully figure out how I do these half mitred corners! Too tired tonight to think anymore.

1 comment:

Faye said...

Your Table-top looks lovely Rose Ann, well done. I would like to do a Celtic pattern , one day...
cheers -