Saturday, April 26, 2008

What a Day - no sewing!!!

Yep not a stitch was stitched today!!! Just no time!

It started off with my youngest sister, Florence waking me up to make lunch date, yep she was coming to the city to shop and visit and BIL to golf for the day!!! Must be money burning a hole in their pockets again. LOL!

So up I was and off for a hair cut, some necessary fabrics on sale at Fabricland and then the Olive Garden for salad, bread sticks and a glass of wine! We had a nice visit and then off to Nygards on Kenaston (just opened last month) to check it out. WELLL glad I did, she found an awesome cotton red/orange striped crinkle cotton summer pants for $2.95 and I found a lovely pair of medium brown dressy slacks for $15.95 and they are petite and fit to a T so I grabbed them but did not find any tops so went to pay. WELLLLLL Florence did not like the $2.95 pants so back to the change room I went to try them on and they fit beautifully. At cash the brown ones came up as $8.95 so I got two pairs with tax for $13.33 - WOW WEEEEEE!!! And I think Florence picked up 5 pairs for $75.

Then I headed over to Sobeyes as they had $1 days and bought some much needed groceries and only 1 bag of chips and ran before other stuff caught my eye!!! LOL!

So then I relaxed before heading out to the Sri Lanka performance. I'm wearing tonight those just bought pants with the burnt orange blouse I bought for the quilt show banquet earlier this month also at Nygards for $13.95 - what a bargain - $25 for the whole outfit!!!

Okay, here are the pictures I took but the lighting was not very good so kinda poor. And bits of write up from the program!

3. "Himal Maru and Tikiriliya" - a dance by the little children depicting the little village kids going out to fetch water, playing and having fun.







10. "Pahan Netuma" - a lamp dance. A fusion dance combining traditional Sri Lankan Kandyan dance and classical Sri Lankan ballet to the background instrumental music of a traditional Sri Lankan song.



11. "Yakada Thalanna" - Reflections of a blacksmith. A Sinhala pop song with "baila" music background (Sri Landka dance music style with a Portuguese heritage) done on the calypso style. The song lyrically explains the lifestyle of a poor traditional blacksmith.



13. "The Spring is in the air" A contemporary dance to the music of a Tamil song portraying the joy of youth. (our Suki is in this dance - navey top and white pants and glasses)









Here's Suki!

15. "Mangalam" or "Blessings for the New Year". A traditional Kandyan dance, with background music of blessings. Performed by the students of the Sri Lankan dancing class in Winnipeg.



This was the FIRST public performance of the Sri Lanka Assoc. of Manitoba and I'd say they all did magnificiently (even if I did not understand the language sung)!!!

Now, I sure better sit home tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Thanks for sharing. BTW, Suki is cute!