Monday, April 14, 2008

Another Show Closed!

Boooooo Hoooooo Hoooooo! The fun and games are over and Sylvia headed home this morning! I sure hope she made it home before these wicked gusting winds picked up afternoon here!!! It's just a HOWLING out there and I keep hearing bins crashing and rolling away! Glad I'm inside and my car is kinda protected too.

Sylvia thoroughly enjoyed the show and chatted with the sellers of her quilting frame about adjusting patterns to fit nicely into a 12" block and her Juki machine - he also showed her this too. WOW she was very pleased as she was thinking of buying a long arm for herself but no intentions of doing commercial quilting - so she's a happy camper and more money in her pocket too!!! It really took the cake when she won that ribbon for Best Pieced Quilt!!!!! WOW! She really looks proud of her efforts and the awards received for it!!!


Well neither of us did very well with out boutique sales but still sold about one-quarter of what I took but Sylvia only sold 2 of her ornaments. Too bad as I expected us to do better.

Now I'm down to just me and no rushing around - hmmmm, guess I'll do another step of the Mystery project for my other group as they've been waiting so patiently for it.

I've uploaded what pics taken at the Show into my Webshots album today and now back to stitching.

1 comment:

Marie Alton said...

Rose Anne ... Congrats to your sis! That is an awesome quilt...what patience she must have to piece something so intricate.

I've done lots of craft shows and so understand the disappointment of not doing as well as expected. It takes so much effort to create all of these things and lug them there and set up...only to have to tear down and lug home...kinda sucks the wind out of your sails. Ya just never know how it'll go until its over. Sometimes it's great...and sometimes not...it's always a crapshoot.