Sunday, May 04, 2008

2008 Aurora Morden Retreat

First off I have to thank Tami for arranging this weekend get-away and also my roomie Norma for the lovely companionship and the wonderful experience in travelling in her Smart car, nicknamed the Lil One. I was a might leary about the size and the type of ride but I can tell you and only when we had a cross wind did I feel some uneasiness but heck I experience that in my "boat" as the girls call my Parisienne. The seats were very comfortable and only one bump (actually a rut in the road) caused both of us some discomfort, otherwise I'd even say the ride was better than some other larger vehicles I've been in and new ones too!!! It was just awesome to not have to worry about driving and the getting there for once!!!



WOW considering I started out the weekend still feeling under the weather I had a lovely Friday stopping into Carman's fabric shop and Tea Room for lunch. Then onto the Morden Quilt Show and meeting up with the gals at the Super 8 Motel for a weekend quilting retreat. We even had one of the vendors drop in to see what was going on with a new shipment of fabric and we got first dibs on purchasing too - lucky gals eh! Also had others dropping by and commenting on how great it was that we arranged such on the same weekend as the Quilt Show - that was the plan!!!



It was awesome to just relax and visit and check out the various shops in the town and even into Winkler Saturday for their Tea Room lunch and Fabricland shopping - now talk about a totally different store from our Winnipeg trio - well worth the drive for a periodic shopping spree!!! I just could not believe it, but they had some of the same fabrics but then a tonne of totally different stuff in quilting, regular and fancy fabrics!!! And never mind the odds n ends that they also sell in there. WOW!!!

Well by Saturday supper time I was feeling under the weather again and Sunday I knew I had it back again! SHOOT already! So I definitely relaxed the evening and Sunday just vegged when I got back.

The girls were sweeties as they stopped Sunday for lunch at Boston Pizza so I DID get my feed of pizza finally this weekend! LOL!

Check out the retreat and Quilt Show photos here!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Sounds like you had a great time, in spite of not being in perfect health. I love retreats!