Monday, May 26, 2008

Birthday Celebration!

Sunday:

Thank you to my niece Pat and Randy too for the lovely lunch - it was basic to them but for me to have a BBQ and those oven roasted potatoes and my favourite veggie that was GREAT!!!! And when I got home I only had one ceasar with my shrimp cocktail and then just Pepsi with my frozen pizza. It was a quiet evening except for the phone calls which started with my niece April (WOW!), Sylvia, Angela, Florence, and last but not least my friend from Dauphin, Delores. I forgot to call Dad but then I talked with him Saturday evening.

Monday:

Now I'm just waiting for my ride to arrive and off I am. I see the sun is shining! Hmmmm can I get away with sandals or should it be socks and runners???? I decided on the runners and maybe shouldn't have!!!

While at Morden last month, I suggested a mini jaunt for today as I had the day off and Norma grabbed it and ran some more inviting Dianne and left me to invite someone else. Thank you very much Norma for being the driver and letting me have the opportunity for a country quilty jaunt finally. So I called Edna Bennett who I chauffeur to and from MPQ meetings when I do go and she was glad to join us too.

We did a slight detour and dropped in on Pat Orr (thank you for the lunch and tour my dear) and went to Wilson's Restaurant (? - stop in if you're in the area) for a lovely luncheon buffet along with a brief tour of Neepawa and her home, before heading back on the road to our planned stop of Kickass Country Store in Plumas . We had a lovely personal type visit with Carol and Wayne and I definitely spent too much!!!

I don't know how Norma handled driving there and back as I was feeling a little worn around the edges and when I got home gobbled down the left over pizza and now feeling like crashing - all that fresh air and exercise and excitement I'm not used to sitting at the desk all day!!! Now hockey is on and I'll put my feet up and veg out!!!

2 comments:

Linda Mullen said...

Wow, what a day. I'm glad you had a nice birthday and today was just gravy. I'm very envious.

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne:

I just read about your day and when I saw "Dauphin" I knew it had to mean the one near St. Rose du Lac. That is where my father was born and I still have family there. I went to your profile and see that you are in Winnipeg. My mother was born in Aubigny. Oh yes, I am French-Canadian descent.
I just joined the embroidery group this afternoon.

Lee in So. CA