Sunday, January 31, 2021

Catchup - Jan 28th-31st

Jan 28th

Just had a relaxing evening and tatted The Second Day of December from my book 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn. It still needs washing and blocking but I love it and want to show it off! Good night!


OOOOHHHHHH gosh darn this was just before the madness in the world began!!!!! I'm so thankful that Angela is willing to visit outside, social distancing, so we can still be in person. Phone is good, but in person is lots better!!!


OMGG the items one comes across when cleaning off/out one's home desk! Now guess it's a good thing the published date was not kept! You were so uplifting a friend and coworker during those sometimes GRRRR years!!!! Thank you!


Hmm I didn't know about this place and after seeing it posted in MPQ I wanted to share with friends!



Ohhhh gosh I don't know what this will be now! I doubt it's a beaver, maybe a lobster? I've made a coffee with Bailey's and will enjoy my TIAS reading! Just had the second/last shingles shot and my arm is starting to ache so a break from cleaning and tatting, feet up for a rest!


This is what I wish to make for myself, a runner or scarf. I have the Ultimate Sashiko Sourcebook that will be my guide!


Jan 29th

Here's another treasure found while desk cleaning! The Three Mouseketeers from a printed off page from "Aurora On-Line Quilters" (as we were known back then) dated April 28, 2003!


My last shingles shot in the arm is hurting worse, but I joined Sylvia for a walk around her area to get my mind off the ache. Worked till I nudged it at the car! The wind was not too bad early afternoon but on my errands afterwards it picked up something fierce. BRRRRRR! 🌬

Jan 30th

WOW even cats out of flower patches! Wonder if it'll work for keeping deer away too!


Hmmmm now that Day 9 is complete, a halfway finished TIAS, I'm back to my beaver (swimming) or a skunk guess. Maybe the second part will be building of the body around the no picot part adding 2 eyes and a nose at the end before finishing the body off? Jane is so sneaky with her blog comments.

https://tatitandsee.blogspot.com/2021/01/its-arrived.html?m=1


Just finished off The Eighth Day of December from my book 24 Snowfkakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn! This was a tough one and now that I've got the flow down I'm going to redo it for gift giving and keep this one myself!


Jan 31st

Thank you Angela for reminding me of this project! This year I'm doing it with a journal of daily reflections which are then condensed into a weekly one! And I found my special Peanut Butter jar I grew up with and found again, this one was made into a coin bank! 

Every week write something that made you laugh, that you did, saw, anything that made you happy or sad, what you are thank-full for each week. Write this on a piece of paper and put in a special box or container and then on New Year’s Eve you read them over reflecting on the year 2021. You will have 52 pieces of paper to read.


UPDATE: desk/stand is now spoken for!

Yeah!!!!! One-third of my cleaning project is complete and now this outfit (minus items on top) is ready for a new home, in very good shape. I've someone interested but if not picked up, it'll be open for requests and if not it's going to Hands of Hope this week! I need the space ASAP!!!



Now the fun begins! My new laptop is set up just to connect to my wireless. That's after I finish rearranging my furniture and get set up! Talk about it being compact now!!!

I'm hooked up to my internet, not the printer as yet and playing around! I'm quite nervous but so far all is good! My temporary setup until the desk is gone and I can rearrange furniture.



I'm rewarding myself with my yummy Santa Lucia Special pizza with a ceasar, no wine on hand!


No comments: