Saturday, January 09, 2021

Day 2 - MPQ ZOOM Retreat

Good morning, just doing some business and breakfast before reuniting with the MPQ quilters on my virtual retreat! But look at the frost on the trees! Plus some fog(?) as the highrise is just a block away! 



And this was the view before lunch from my sewing room.


Late Afternoon

Oooohhhhh I'm worn out but very happy with completing the top for an ABC quilt. The print fabric and 8 snowball blocks were given to me years ago, so I made up 12 more blocks. I was running out of print fabric so cut the side borders and joined 3 pieces for top and bottom borders and used my own blue for sashing! 


This is all I've left of the fabric to add to my I Spy future quilts! Now to assemble and attempt to quilt for an MPQ ABC donation in the future.


After 9 PM

I'm totally exhausted from the piecing I finished off with this evening after the "2 truths and a lie" and quilty words bingo games after supper! I did switch to the promised RCMP blocks and completed sewing the middles of three blocks. YEAH!!! 


Not saying how many retries before the 1" maple leaf hexagons matched up! 🙃 Tomorrow afternoon hopefully will be a better one now that I got the hang of how to match them up! 😉 

Now relaxing in the quiet with feet up and hopefully a decent walk before retreat starts tomorrow 1-5 pm again?

No comments: