Monday, January 18, 2021

Catchup - Jan 16th-18th

Jan 16th

It was nice to see some of the Aurora gals on ZOOM today alongwith a chat with Angela on the phone. I finished another 3 of the remaining 4 RCMP blocks so very soon I can lay them out on my bed and start to sew the top together! YEAH!!!!!

I left a might early as I wanted to get in a walk with Edna around her area and some shopping done before supper. Made it in good time!



OMGG I didn't catch the details of the draw prize that I had won during this weeked's virtual quilting retreat, was too excited reacting!!!! So the email arrived with it and it's $50 to my choice of Manitoba Quilt Shop! Thank you MPQ, now to decide which shop!

Finally I cooked rather than ready made or fast food!


Jan 17th

OMGG, when this PFAS was posted beginning of the month, I immediately thought NAH, not this month! Then I saw the ribbon hands heart posting and thought MAYBE, so changed my reply! Then in seconds an idea was forming and finally a YES reply! I just should have waited a day as the next morning I was awoken with my complete postcard idea along with HOW I am to do it! DANG this is how my swaps work! My idea has to click right away or it's torture coming up with something! Now it's to slow down or I'll be chomping at the bit to send it out!!!! 🤣 Well I completed the actual ribbon design. This definitely is a first for me! The card front will be finished before I find out who it's going out to, well ahead of the deadlines! 

A week ago I finished the front of my postcard and then prepping the back. Once I receive my recipient I'll complete the back, finish off my postcard and send it out ASAP. 💕💕💕 

So yesterday this happened, back completed and today sandwiched and bound. Monday it'll be mailed off. I sure hope this brings a smile to many who see it enroute and also by the recipient.



My ribbon bits n pieces, with Heat n Bond.

All satin stitched in place.

I followed the penned words and trimmed.

Finished front.

Finished back.

Jan 18th

Ohhhhh I go from a quiet unproductive day yesterday to today totally CRAZY ideas popping up left n right and wanna get going! So since Thursday's MPQ ZOOM meeting with guest quilter Sew Preeti and her twist on the International Sisters Quilt Block, I've been wondering what kind of fabric I'll use. See Kathy n Bonnie have designed a stitch along using this block and others starting this weekend and I'm getting desparate! ☹☹☹ 

Then this morning both my breakfast and lunch were interrupted with IDEAS! So what could I do but set aside my food and go with the flow! See in 2015 I spent 1 month in Australia and 1 month in New Zealand and naturally picked up various native type fabrics along with some bought here too! These are what I'm going to use for the sisters blocks. 😃😃😃 

Then a friend asked what they looked like, so my extra large overflowing ziplock of such was dumped onto the ironing board to sort useable fabrics and quick photos. BUT BUT BUT I now can't get them back in there! Guess I'll leave them as is for the weekend beginning steps! 🤣🤣🤣




I tried to put it all back in, gave up!

Then yesterday step 3 of the TIAS was posted but in the frame of mind I was in, left it alone! Good thing as today I tatted it up zippety quick no issues today! Still no idea what it'll grow up to be as my fancy dress flounce is out the door! 

Tat It And See

OMGG I can't believe it but I've managed to finish off the fussy cut hexagon print blocks and now to sew all the blocks into a top! It'll have another column of blocks down the right side yet. Hope I've not got any in the wrong place!

I tried my darnedest to finish off the blocks into a top BUT just had to stop! I just needed to sew the rows together but ran out of energy! So another day! I'm very pleased I can finally see this as a quilt top!!!!!




No comments: