Wednesday, February 03, 2021

Catchup - Jan 31st-Feb 3rd

Jan 31st

Oooohhhhh why can't people get a normal honest job already! It seems like some SCAMMER is using my cell phone number as a cover for their ill tried gains! I've checked with Rogers security section and they advised that I continue HANGING UP and immediately BLOCKING that caller. On can also report thr incident to the Cdn National Anti-Fraud Centre. Also if anyone calls me that I've been SPAMMED - not such and to state the above facts too! The scammers are not actuslly using my number, but SPOOFING!

Hmmmm now that Day 10 TIAS is here I'm still no closer to guessing accurately, even with the two parts together! I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.


Feb 2nd

Awesome to have a half day class/sewing session finally! Sylvia enjoyed the ZOOM session with the girls too! Thank you Melissa for this Modern quilt as you go table runner class! We both enjoyed it very much!

At Sylvia's in her Studio! 





My back for reversible.  Sylvia's backing has black with white dots so her stitching did not show. 

Last night I retatted the snowflake that gave me grief! It went much smoother and I'm more pleased to gift this now! The Eighth Day of December from 24 Snowflakes in Tatting by Lene Bjorn.

Second lots smoother tatting.

Firts not so great tatting. 

YEAH, thank you to Susan for contacting her daughter Madison who with Paul, helped my overly large desk to be GONE! 💞💞💞 My freezer is in it's new space now and tomorrow I hope to make the final furniture moves! Then it's going through my "stuff" in future to downsize!!!

My new book has arrived! I'm too tired to give it a try tonight! I've some of those mini balls so I'll be trying tatting covers one day!


Feb 3rd

Well home after a quick oil change and check on items I'd noted, nothing serious to fix.

This is where I took those bears pictures from!

Live with Kelly and Ryan


Updated: Ann, the Admin of our PFA FB group asked me to repost the following orange postcard and info from comments under Acrylics theme to the general group. Which follows. But here is the original that spiralled into requests for similar postcards shortly afterwards. This was from our MPQ guild's Fibre Art class taught by Michelle Dobrin back in March 22, 2009! I called it "Lonely Tree" and had to frame it for myself with a stickly mailing label on the back. 

Here's one of my acrylic multi media postcards using that same technique.


I did this one July 2009 that was started with right side down paper image wrong side for guidance with decorative black thread in the bobbin for the island and tree stitching, then used acrylics for shading and finished with topside quilting to batting. I had to make various colours and various number of trees to the island for others, some framed. One day I'll try this again and get pics of the steps. 😉

Hmmmm now it's TIAS Day 11 and still no closer to guessing accurately, even with the two parts together! I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.


No comments: