Sunday, February 28, 2021

Weekend Sew In Days

Feb 26th

WOW we finished our walk just before lunch - no snow and a beautifulday! I'm sure she is up to more walks in here, maybe from John Bruce next time instead of Shorehill. Then picked up McDs and back to Sylvia's to set up for tomorrow's MPQ sew in day. We're both working on ABC crib quilts! Now it's winter white out again!









Feb 27th

Awesome MPQ Sew In Day but ohhhhh boy it sure did us both in! Sylvia added on side borders first and then both of us quilted them. Sylvia even stitched on her binding but I sprayed my top to remove the markings, ready to finish off tomorrow! Neither of us were lucky this time on draws, we share!

Look at the snow!

I'm using my retirement gift after a very long siesta! 

Using my newest toy, "Get a Grip With Jaws", gift basket item. 


Clamshell inside panel quilting.  Should have done it straight across - learning curve! 

Diamond quilting to represent the ballerinas on their toes.  First ballerina quilt.

Feb 28th

It was awesome to go back to Sylvia's today to finish off our ABC quilts, just the bindings left to finish! This time we both slept in and I brought a frozen pizza for lunch, besides yesterday's humus and cranberry goat cheese with crackers and mixed fresh fruits. Sylvia baked flaky cinnamon buns too! 

Anyways I squared and sewed the binding on mine from yesterday and Sylvia worked on her second ballerina quilt. I then quilted the pieced boys top (from the virtual retreat) and Sylvia planned out another panel for an ABC crib quilt before we shut down and I packed up to head home for supper. I learnt a lot working with Sylvia again and she totally enjoyed the weekend. 


I'm totally excited how this quilt is turning out! 


Second ballerina quilt! 

I LOVE it!

And the back too! 

We even had wildlife entertainment today!


No comments: