Monday, February 15, 2021

Feb 8th-14th

Feb 8th

I changed my window decor yesterday and with the sun shining and Jack Frost painting I couldn't resist! Not real crystals but still nice!



YEAH!!! I finally started pulling out some of my UFOs and actually completed a wall hanging from May 2015. WAHOOIE!!! This is a fifth piece from the April 11, 12, 2015 Crocus Conference class by Melissa Marginet - Quilter, Interleave - Quilt as You Go - Art Quilt. After making my original one I had gotten 3 orders for this in various colours. I had so much fun I had made a couple extra.


Feb 9th

This morning I walked to my appointment, only 4 long blocks, but dang it was frigid with those biting winds! 

Well Day 14 I'm thinking whatever this is it reminds me of a creature with a big head, maybe even horns? Maybe because of the offwhite colour it reminds me of a skull! I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.


YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!! My commissioned RCMP quilt blocks are all sewn together (72 x 84") and very thankful I had some hexagon fabric as I was short maybe a FQ because of the matching fussy cutting! It's done and I'm happy! Next step is to cut out the borders and sew them on! Slowly but surely this project is nearing completion! 💞💞💞



Feb 10th

What a morning! I took Sylvia to IKEA to maybe find some furniture she wanted to get her studio organized and me some stylish fining system hopefully in grey to go with my grey n glass desk! We waited in the warm car till the lineup decreased to a dozen (yes it was much longer before) then joined up, well it doubled after us. BRRRR!!!! Then we got real warm inside! 

Yes Sylvia picked out her kitchen chairs, studio table and rolling chair - all in stock - YEAH!!!! The two cabinets should be in stock Monday, so I'll online order and pickup when ready. Whoa there, delivery was only to the outside entrance, so I checked out the box sizes, asked for help to load up and off we went. Sylvia has a wheelie so a few trips and it'll be done. As a reward I picked up Wok Box for our lunch before heading home! We both were tired but excited too!

Feb 11th

And Ricky says we can do this in Manitoba.


Well I've pulled out another UFO from the 2018 International Guilds Day from East Grand Forks and just about finished binding the three separate blocks inyo hangers or table mats. Tomorrow's another day!

Then over to Sylvia's where I helped put together her new sewing table and chair we bought yesterday. Earlier she had put together one kitchen chair and it'll be nice and brighter in that brown/black kitchen!

She made an awesome supper for us before we settled into the MPQ ZOOM meeting! Then dessert rhubarb cherry pie and ice cream with tea, BRRRR!!! It was awesome but I sure hated going out in that frigid cold afterwards. Even my digital car dash screen was white till it warmed up lots.


Now I'm really confused with Day 15 as this reminded me of a creature with a big head, maybe even horns? Well there's a horn so probably a second coming too but on that body it's not a bull! Hmmmm maybe roadkill? Now the horned Devil is in my head - because of the red and horns. SHEESH!!!! You got me for sure Jane! I'm using a clear silver lined bead so not quite visible.


Feb 12th

OMGG!!!! I need to get out walking again but my limit is -25C with light winds!!!

Canada widespread cold this century


Okay it's a peace meal type of day, but that's okay! But I did gather some pertinent information for a 2017 UFO and made up the labels to hopefully finish off the three blocks I worked on yesterday, UFOs from 2018. 

The one thing I have completed so far is the 4 International Sisters blocks for the MPQ We Are Sisters Mystery Quilt project just starting! My blocks are the 7.5" ones and using the MPQ colour scheme (or as close as my stash allows plus one fabric from Sylvia) my finished size will be a 49" square. I did have a pinky rose same print fabric but ran out, so I've an older sister in grey with "love" on her skirt for her three triplet sisters. Once completed I'll be donating to the ABC program, keeping busy, using some stash and having fun! Thank you Kathy and Bonnie (sisters too).




Feb 13th

Ohhh bad me! The other day I forgot to post this small winter hanger Sylvia had made. She recycled a fabric gift bag from Pat's present and added the bottom saying, borders and soon it will grace her apartment door! Awesome! 💖💖💖


So the clever wily Jane has created a sneaky foxy bookmark to keep us entertained and tatting! It wasn't one of my guesses of a beaver, a skunk, a bull's skull with a roadkill body, nor a crocodile! SHEESH!!!! She got me to the saddened end that's for sure!!! 

I'm using Lizbeth Red #671 and Off White #602 along with clear silver lined beads so not quite visible. 

I've no suggestions to improve, only to please try to keep this going, look how amusing and sneaky she was with these TIAS's both for your and our enjoyment! Again thank you Jane whole heartedly! 💞💞💞 

Jane will be posting finales on her blog, worth taking a look and read! http://tatitandsee.blogspot.com/?m=1



Another UFO of Sylvia's finished off today!

Feb 14th

Another snow carved yard in Winnipeg!

The Iceman Carveth


Happy Valentine's day to family and friends! I thought this guy is appropriate for my message today!


Gotta go check these out!


But it won't be the same, I can't get my sour/sweet beaver tail treat while checking tents out!

Festival du Voyageur


My favourite pastry at Festival du Voyageur is the Killaloe Sunrise, basically sugar cinnamon coated with squeezed fresh lemons on top. Sweet n Sour!!!! They used to be in the Forks the first few years but not now!



Yeah another UFO has been finished off! This is a May 2018 Quilter's Eden of East Grand Forks "Unloved Fabric Challenge" - 12" blocks, but for the life of me I don't remember which it is! My first attempt was the Spinning Geese I paper pieced the circle from The Quilter's World: Quilts You Can Make in a Day, May 2018 and had to finish off the block. The second attempt is the diamond block and last is the mini quilt, both I have yet to find the pattern info. Then I madd the labels, sandwiched, quilted and bound them, one just made it!











No comments: