Thursday, February 25, 2021

Catchup - Feb 19th-25th

Feb 19th

Well we put together the second cabinet, went lots easier and faster too! But oh boy we had 4 pegs left over and going through the instructions, not sure where we missed putting them in and Sylvia's not up to taking it apart to see! Oh Oh, I hope they aren't necessary! Then we relaxed at our own homes! Soon will be picture time!

WOW WOW WOW!!!



Ohhhh my but maybe I overdid it for Sylvia. I now know next time we don't go shopping after a walk! We even picked up lunch at the Forks BUT had to sit at individual tables!!! That's OK we just shouted the odd time, at least it was warmer than outside! 

It may have been a short walk with masks on, but shopping afterwards was too much for Sylvia. But she's happy she found some fabric to finish off some placemats AND found her last shelving for her studio! No we did not put it together, it's for another day! She also said that's it for IKEA for her! 

Lucky, I wanted to return something I bought but couldn't, you have to book an appointment for returns/exchanges! So guess it's one more trip for me but I don't have to wait outside, there is a separate entrance. Both of us are pooped!



Tall Grass Prairie Bakery display.

Me, then Sylvia middle and Edna at the end.

Here's the girls!

Definitely not Griffin!



Feb 20th

Well today was sewing day with Aurora Quilters on ZOOM and I accomplished what I wanted to! YEAH!!! First off I redid the reverse applique block on my UFO and sewed up the wall hanging! Thank you Susan Selby for your refresher instructions. 

Then I cut out all my pieces for the MPQ Sister's Mystery and guessed on which pieces for directional dark blue and for the three yellow/golds! It'll be a surprise that's for sure! I can't wait for the sewing instructions! Thank you Kathy and Bonnie! 

And two masks.

All fixed up now!  Onto finishing stages!




My fabrics for the sister's mystery!   Plus two other shades of yellow gold. 



Feb 21st

While catching up on some of the recorded curling and hockey games, I tatted another snowflake. This one is Christmas Tree Flake from my book Tatted Flurries by Sharon Briggs. I must say I don't care for diagram patterns nor split chains!!! So two more and then the starching!


Fun project for the kids??? Then after supper put in the glow sticks and watch the reactions of passers by!


Wonder how long this took to put together! Awesome!!! 🎢🎢🎢



Holy Moley! I can't seem to get my mail delivered correctly to my mailbox or at all, seems it is put in other mailboxes and returned to sender. TODAY I just received my AMAZON delivery, requested via Canada Post not Dynamex which are unreliable period, delivered right to my door! WEIRD!!!! But I'm happy as my CD player is on the fritz and I've a few CD audiobooks on loan from the Library to listen to while sewing! πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

What a balmy day but wind blustery in the open areas, +1C today and a few days ago like -35C, just not comprehensible! Anyways I joined Edna on our hoped for 6.5+ kms but not today for me! We'd have ended sooner but she was curious about all the activity on the river and I could not be a party pooper so at Omand's Creek we went down onto the river. Wolseley Winter Wonderland looked like a fun park even with individuals and shovels cleaning the ice off and on! Then I found a bench and set a spell before turning back and coming across these ice scupltures! I think I'm too pooped to return to my sewing.






Feb 23rd

It's been a quiet day mostly tatting, untatting half of it, then retatting a snowflake. I totally hate split chains!!!!! This one I really LOVE but I've two major errors so guess this one is mine and I'll try and retat it again for the request! This is Romance from my book Tatted Flurries by Sharon Briggs.




Look what has arrived today, and definitely a pick me up badly needed today! 😘 I woke with pain and a kink in my neck and left collarbone! 

Thank you so much Marian from PORTUGAL, in full lockdown, no fabric shopping, so she dug deep into her stash - well done I'd say and I love dragonflies!!! Beautiful use of ribbons of all kinds! Awesome!!!


It's good to have uplifting things happen when you're not quite 100%. First off an easy short walk to the library for a return, then stopped at Pat's office to pick up my gift of lasagna (awesome lunch, thank you), then home to find that lovely Ribbons PC! 

After lunch I dropped off my recycle at the depot, some new DVD-Rs to Adele, buttons to Tami who in return gifted me a towel, and then to an MPQ member Kathy to pick up the fabrics I'd won along with the $50GC to OMAs from the January virtual retreat. Lastly I arrived early for my IKEA return, one person ahead of me, returned and back out before my appointment time! WOW!!! 



Now relaxing feet up watching curling!!! Oh and enjoying Tim's coffee and apple fritter!

Oh oh oh I think I may just understand Split Chains finally! This time I've only watched this video twice and with a slightly shorter back string AND reversing my work was able to do it to my liking but too tight now. Will try again inserting some picots, before returning to the Romance pattern. 

https://youtu.be/8uVuNHi6NJY

This is a screenshot, link is above.



OMGG I think I've got it without following along with that video from Frivole last time inserting picots too!!!! Watched it twice and think it's in my head now! As you can see mock picots and split rings are conquered and now split chains too. 

Ohhhhh I'm so excited I can do 🀸‍♀️🀸‍♀️🀸‍♀️, at least in my head!!!!! 🀣🀣🀣



Feb 24th

Hmmmm!


Yeah Yeah Yeah!!! I'm happy with my learning curve of split chains! Not perfect but more practice will smooth the slight bumps out. So here is the single good Romance snowflake from my book Tatted Flurries by Sharon Briggs. The second picture has the first one I did on the left (hopefully I can starch out the goofs) and the second one on the right! Now I might redo that first snowflake with the goofed split chain! Will see!



Feb 25th

Yeah! My Chiro fixed my issues, relieved my pain and headache too! I felt so good again I wanted to enjoy a short walk with Edna and a coffee at the bus stop again! Short and sweet! Did a quick fixer to my centre applique on spiraling geese, rippit, inserting 2 layers of batting and then appliqueing in place again! 


Been relaxing the rest of the evening! 

Oops the total steps includes my morning downtown walk too, afternoon walk was 6023 steps.



No comments: