Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Catchup - Feb 14th-17th

Feb 14th

Ohhhhh this was so much fun! I've mostly gone with Janice but also with Edna! This is what I'll miss this year!


Feb 15th

Yeah I've my fabric postcard ready to go into the mail tomorrow! It's nice to have a few semi ready card tops on hand as this was "Anything Goes" monthly theme! So this has duponi silk adhered to a sky like background and attached my tatted and beaded butterfly and dragonfly to this along with a tiny gold dragonfly charm. So all I had to do was prepare my computer printed back, sandwich it and satin stitch the edges! AWESOME!!!



Feb 16th

Yeah another snowflake completed, three more to tat and then bury ends and starch them all! This one is called Shama from my book Tatted Flurries by Sharon Briggs. I'm glad it's coming along smoothly as the mail seems yo have reverted to Pony Express! Yes I'm still waiting for a few envelopes to arrive from last year's international postings!


YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!! We bought her TWO caninets and managed to put ONE together before it did us both in. While on the floor bending inside I got a sharp hip cramp and went backwards without seeing what was behind me until it let go, we finished right after that and I said the other is for another day! It goes faster and easier with two working together. Gosh I'm loving the looks of her studio more and more!


I just listened to Brandy's podcast plus watched Brett's new Prairie Meadow unboxing video. Vibrant prints and colours! Awesome!



Feb 17th

It was awesome to finally get out for a short walk with Edna! The wind in the open was biting but in protected areas the sunshine was awesome! We both enjoyed it immensely!



Well I've pulled out another UFO to work on. I LOVE these fabrics and really want to finish this baby off for myself! It's a three ways to applique labyrinth blocks taught by Susan Selby at MPQ's Crocus Conference May 2017. During that class I had my Kenmore which was acting up and for some reason micro stitching on the reverse applique block. Now I know it's a combined issue of needing servicing plus more importantly, the feed dogs are wearing out. 

So I've tried to undo the stitching to fix it, but literally impossible and wrecking the raw edges. Luckily I've found my fabric and the labyrinth pattern so when I get some instructions from Susan I'll redo this block and then sandwich and quilt it! YEAH!!!

Bonded, painted and reverse applique techniques. 

Reverse applique I'm trying to "rippit" to redo!

Horrible!!!

No comments: