Sunday, January 30, 2022

Catchup - Jan 28th-30th

Jan 28th

I sure miss our personal sewing days ladies!  Aurora has evolved from those good old days!!!


Jan 29th

UGH!!! Rough sleep, shut off my alarm and slept in so quite late arriving at Sylvia's for another sewing weekend. This time with Pat.
What LOVELY surprise, Amanda and Astro were here visiting so got to chat with him after his shyness went!  

Then setting up, I forgot my plugs for my machine so back home for them, lucky I'm close by. Hope it's better luck making my taco salad lunch for us and my sewing! But look at the beautiful snow crystals in the sunshine!


OMGG, I think I'm crazy doing this mini? Sorry can't show you the actual 1" block or pattern. It's a surprise so have to wait till the actual 4" project is finished, Sent out and received! Stay tuned!



Well we shut down 8ish as I was too tired to concentrate on my mini any longer. Supper was compliments to Pat, perogies, smokies with corn plus fresh fruit. Sylvia and Pat are working on a mini 8" Dahlia hanger and I sure wanted to record this day but wouldn't have been nice of me! 😘 Might have their's finished tomorrow and pictures taken and posted.

Jan 30th

YAHOOOOIEEEEE!!!!! 💫💥💫
I've finally finished my just over six month project and soon going out in the mail to it's new owner! Pictures to follow when received.
BUTTTTT I can tell you that reducing a 6" paper pieced block to just under 1" size is for lunatics! My sewing machine told me that many times! 🤪🤪🤪

We all were working on minis and none of us were having a fun time but we persevered and just about finished all!

Then I picked up an UFO bought from the The Quilting Trunk in Dryden 3-5 years ago, 96 HSTs I'd sewn up earlier! I loved the tin and decided I'd like to try the pattern out too. Moda Frivol No. 2 Polka Dots & Paisleys Minick & Simpson - Faithful 26"x26". The jury is still holding out on the verdict.



Pat did finish off her mini Dahlia and Sylvia was working on her hand finishing before I left.


Lunch today was reubans by Sylvia and supper was Peking Chinese - all was YUMMY!!!

On the way home I swung around to Angela's to pick up two large bags of various cut pieces, yardages of cottons, flannels and fleece for future baby/kids quilts! WOW!!! Thank you so very much Joan and Angela! Between us we'll do our best to cheer up some children with whatever quilts we sew up, delivered through MPQ's ABC program.



No comments: