Friday, January 21, 2022

What to Do But Sew!

Jan 20th

The ladies are over this afternoon to finish off our Ocean State blocks then we'll work on our own finishing off wall hangings!  Supper soon then our MPQ ZOOM meeting this evening!

What a lovely afternoon visit with Sylvia helping both of us to finish off out Ocean State blocks correctly! It didn't look difficult but still a bit tricky! Thank you Sylvia and Edna for sharing in the yummy supper!

Then much excitement during the MPQ ZOOM meeting AND another scrappy bag type quilt challenge from those two Scrap Sisters along with the ABC committee!!! Hmmmm what will we find in these bags, profits after various prizes will all go to buy batting for the ABC quilts program. Awesome! I can't wait for the baggie and opening day!

Jan 21st

BRRRRRR!!!!  It's like 17°C in here, chilly and the parquet floor is frigid!  I oke 6ish briefly, noticed sewing room was brighter (street light out front) and checked, sure enough my huge snow drift was gone!  Hopefully no one was out n about whenever it happened!  I've turned the heat up twice now and just a tinge of warmth, might have to do it again as it's not nice in here!

Well yesterday I had an awesome ski hill on my sewing room window ledge (6 floors up) and today it's reduced to Jack Frost artistry! Nope I've not ventured out to see what the driveway looks like! Not going to either!

About 35" drift!  Like 3/4s my window.


LOVE this creation!

Talk about chilly in here, especially the floors! I've toasty toes now! Was to go for a walk with friends but I chickened out!

17°C this morning, turned up the temp 3 times and finally no so chilly!

Okay I call it quits on this wall hanging for now! Lots of figuring along with help from Sylvia, but it's ready for sandwiching then some free motion quilting on the ship block at least! Hope I don't wreck it! Thank you Alice for demoing the ripless paper piecing technique this weekend! ❤ I'll be switching to this method for future projects!



Then on day it'll go to MPQ ABC program, probably to St. Amanda Centre to dress up one of their homes!

No comments: