Saturday, January 08, 2022

Catchup - Jan 3rd - 7th

Jan 3rd

Ohhhh my!  Here's one for the wine connoisseurs out there!  Or like me recycle store and buy a bag?


Jan 4th

So sad to see, hear and more so care for them!

It’s called the long goodbye. Rapidly shrinking brain is how a doctor described it. As the patient's brain slowly dies, they change physically and eventually forget who their loved ones are and become less themselves. Patients can eventually become bedridden, unable to move & unable to eat or drink or talk to their loved ones. There will be people who will scroll by this message because Dementia or Alzheimer's has not touched them. They may not know what it's like to have a loved one who has fought or is fighting a battle against Dementia or Alzheimer's.

In an effort to raise awareness of this cruel disease, I would like to see at least 5 of my friends put this on your timeline.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

Now here's a serious puzzle setting family!

Think I'd use a plastic table cloth to protect from mealtime spills.


So Sylvia set the last number of pieces in place and today I took a final picture before we dismantled it all. I'm keeping the tin for my Christmas decor so took pictures of both sides and will find an appropriate box and tape the pics to it. Not sure who'll get it next to fight with!


LOVE this tin!


Jan 5th

Well finally bit the bullet and did an Amazon.ca order via Airmiles, alongwith two tatting books from Inga Madsen of Denmark and used my GC from Angie n Crew ordering my Nespresso capsules before their Jan 15th price increases. Afterwards did some Christmas decorations clean up into their proper storage containers. Also washed and set my last few leftover tatted decorations for last minute gifting along with some extras packaged up. Then set up my machine again for sewing hopefully tomorrow! That's enough for today! Feet up with a glass of wine watching Oilers hockey!

Now gone!

Last off my holiday tatting.

Awesome on the tree!

New decor.

Jan 6th

WOW, I'm exhausted!  Yesterday some clearing of decorations, more to do yet!

WELLLL, today I collapsed the MLCC boxes into one box into the storage.  Then found a larger box for my cake pans, no cupboard room.  Then tackled the two large boxes of advanced cake decorating supplies and books, sorted, boxed and going to the Mission Thrift Store next week, once I wash the candy molds.  Okay errands then relax some and maybe sew!

HMMMM, no room in storage for boxes!!!  So another clearing session of items I don't want and now room.  Lots more going out the door!

Hmmmm wonder where this is?


WOW!!  

"Ricky's message,  

"My niece and her family arrived for the Christmas holidays. The boys brought their instruments, and we decided to create a video of Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah. I put together an arrangement so that everyone had an instrumental part—and we all sang. The pups got in on the act as well. Keegan is 17 and plays trumpet. I haven’t played my trumpet in years, but I dug it out and dusted if off. Kellan is in middle school and plays clarinet. Hugo, who doesn’t play a musical instrument, learned to play harmonica just for this recording. Toi, my niece picked out a tune on the mandolin and Brian, who really wanted to play a juice harp, but I didn’t have one - settled for the rain stick.

All of this conveys a message…make memories with those you love. Share good times with your family. Life is short, and good times help to balance the craziness that we all experience through the course of our existence. 

Thank you for being part of my extended family and sharing your passions, creativity, love, and support. I do not take it for granted and I hope you will find my creative offerings a bright spot in your world. I’m claiming 2022 as a year of miracles. I hope you will experience your own miracles and good things in the year ahead.

Love is love is love. Keep spreading love.

SEE YOU IN 2022!"

Hallelujah

Jan 7th

#PizzaHotline 

WOW!!! First time in 5 previous orders that we've received our order in 15-20 minutes as promised!  God knows where the driver takes them but not to our STREET address!  WEIRD!!!!

Started the day dropping off items for recycle and checked out a possible recycled sewing cabinet. Lovely time spent puzzle setting (another weird one) and pizza supper with Sylvia! Look at the cacti, growing with Sylvia's green thumb! Even planned out some purging for my apartment! Then home to wash a box of dusty candy molds before packing up for recycling!



This fall's gift from Taunya for Sylvia.

Today's level of growth already!
But the bud has not grown, probably won't. 


No comments: