Friday, February 04, 2022

Catchup - Feb 1st-4th

Feb 1st

WOW!!!  What a great idea!


Definitely a sewing day in the gusting blowing snow today.


Okay I'm going dizzy rearranging these blocks! No matter what it's not the layout of the pattern and I've no extra fabric. But I've tried to spread apart same fabrics a bit. I'll see how it goes tomorrow, maybe sew them up as is, then the borders.


OMGG I should have stopped sewing before supper and I might not have made the huge mistake! No wonder this does not look like the pattern! I was to sew half the triangles with dark on left and the other half dark on right! Nope sewed them all one way and alternated light/dark! I know what I'm doing tomorrow!!!!



Feb 2nd

What an awesome story of how this charming and lovely dining/shopping spot has grown! I live stopping in but remember to make reservations for dining as it's really popular and food scrumptious! The porch dining is lovely too in cooler weather with heaters and heart warming food!

https://www.pineridgehollow.com/blogs/journal/our-story-30-years-in-the-making

Hmmmmm not sure what this black particles is all about as I've NEVER seen this on the snowdrifts before!


Ooooohhhhhh my gosh!  That's fire ash blown this far from the club fire!  Like 6 blocks as the crow flies.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/fire-west-end-langside-1.6336697

And ripped out one block and reversing the triangles WORKED! So it's RIPPIT RIPPET RIPPET today!


Right on! One has a choice but then accept the consequences of your choices and don't impede other's choices!


Feb 3rd

Okay still working on the "Faithful" table topper I screwed up. But I did finish off my first 5x7" fabric postcard (pictures when received) and walked the 5+ blocks to the PO, the bank and picked up lunch before heading home. The beautiful warm 🌞 is very deceiving in these 🥶 temperatures but am glad the 🌬 snow has stopped for now! So back to my UFO and Scotties curling!!!


Dang it, dang it, dang it! I don't trust so called "peaceful" protests etc! Totally disruptive and probably not as effective as they'd like.

Thank you Florence n Cindy who gave me the heads up of a truckers rally for 9:00 am Friday, at Legislative Bldg, basically next door to my apartment.

Apparently CTV also warns of traffic snarls. She googled Wpg protest and it seems it's on.
Damn I'm to go over to Angie's tomorrow afternoon for the weekend. Damn it!

Okay I'm packed and going to stay over at my sister's tonight so hopefully avoiding the downtown mess, if it's anything like the Ottawa mess.

Feb 4th

Darn, I tried to cancel my European River Cruise and get my huge deposit back as I truly do not want to travel internationally this year at all, especially by myself!!! The Cruise company is still insistent on no refunds (which I still think is totally wrong) but they have extended the trip deadline to December 2023. I feel a bit of relief and pray Covid takes a hike this year!!!  


So I've made some local travel plans for this year and hope to get in a quilting retreat or two also. Will see!

No comments: