Sunday, February 13, 2022

Catchup - Feb 10th-12th

Feb 11th

Well I tried last night to assemble the flannel 7.5" squares as per my "planned" layout!  Totally disgusted as they looked YUCKY in real life!  So I called Sylvia and asked if she'd help me play for a scrappy look after our lunch out!  YEAH she's coming to my rescue!  These are the pieces of flannel from Joan, Edna and Sylvia so far!  

So today we laid out 4 tops and now I'm sewing them together until our supper together.  Who knows maybe sew and then watch Jets game too!  Time will tell.


Wellllll just about finished sewing the 4 up! Finished top #3 just in time for the Jets game. So packed all up watching first period with Sylvia then heading home! I think a quiet weekend for me! I'm sore and tired tonight!

OMGG I just LOVE checking on Sylvia's cactus she was gifted from Taunya in the fall! Can't wait to see what happens when she puts it out on the balcony and see I if it blooms or not. It's sure grown!!!  


Feb 12th

This is it!  Safety concerns for all, not just me!


Today I'm keeping busy with sewing MPQ ABC labels onto Edna's four kids quilts she's made past year or two while watching hockey and Olympics. So these alongwith Sylvia's donated wall hangings (made for Dryden craft sales but not happening because of Covid) hopefully for St Amant residence decor, these will be dropped off this week to Lee and Lilianne.

Edna's quilts:





Sylvia's wall hangings:






Now, finally, I've completed another of Patti Duff's Celtic Chain Donut Pendant from the summer 2019, The Bulletin, IOLI. This one was so much easier now that I've the other two that paved the road to here! Now to be mailed off to a friend!


AND to finish the day, I searched for a certain fabric for Sylvia in my kids box n bags of projects and fabrics. ZIPPO!!!! But I cleared out 3 boxes and 2 bags out of my sewing room! Either to Aunt Monica's Attic for doll clothes, tote bags or whatever! And one large box to the Mission drop off! Also found some kids cottons n flannels for our donation quilts planned out? Quite the busy day and now wrecked, feet up, late supper with wine and watching hockey!


Feb 13th

Today is a quiet day, a bit of sewing, shopping and lots of relaxing!

No comments: