Monday, February 21, 2022

Catchup - Feb 19th-20th

Feb 19th

Hey Ricky saw on FB and told us on Aurora that SNOW is not a word!  It's an acronym "shit no one wants"!  Yeppers this time I agree!  My sewing room ledge building up again.



Feb 20th

Ooooh my, Angela sent me their pictures of her shovelled snow pile in their small back yard, where her garden is! I wonder how long it'll take to dissappear this spring, so she can start on gardening? Apparently next week it's supposed to warm up some so pray there's sunshine to reduce the snow piles here in Winnipeg!

That's a 6 foot fence just visible behind.

So today I worked on my first set of blocks for my MPQ Mystery Quilt 2022 with Pat Speth's MAB Block #6. I had lots of issues with this pattern and was glad I made a practice block from my stash before cutting fabrics. I've preempted them on the green paisley that will be featured in the alternating MAB Block #14 next. There was not enough cream fabric inside the mystery bag so the cream in the centers and cornerstones are from my stash. Tomorrow I'll do a practice block of #14 from my stash again to ensure it works before cutting all pieces!

MAB Block #6 - first FQ featured. 

MAB Block #6 - second FQ featured. 

MAB Block #6 - third FQ featured.  

Preempted quilt top layout. 

Green paisley for MAB Block #14.

No comments: