Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Catchup - Feb 21st-23rd

Feb 21st

 OMGG!!!!  They are so danged cute all groomed and know it too!  Thank you for this awesome photo Taunya!   She's sure growing too!


Feb 22nd

Yummy lunch with Sylvia at Boston Pizza at Polo Park.  Haven't been here in awhile!


Awesome day with Sylvia!!! It started with dropping off various horse fabrics from my stash to further plan out the 5 yard quilt pattern for one of the ABC quilts from my friend's fabric donation. Then out for fabric purchases for both our mystery quilts, lunch at BP and then back to her place to sandwich my sewn ABC quilt tops. See she's showing me how to bring the backing to the front for a wide blanket binding. I'll probably finish those off the latter part of March even though I'm anxious to see how it looks!!!

Feb 23rd

Ohhhhh what a sewing day!  I'm kinda changing Pat Speth's MAB Block #14 for my MPQ Mystery Quilt project.  I am using from my stash the cream centre and gold cornerstones with the mystery bag's cream and paisley HSTs.  First finishing off the corner strips and then measuring and cutting the whole paisley triangles for the dreaded inset sewing.  🤔🙄🤪🙃🤗  I honestly didn't want to cut up the lovely paisley that I wanted to add to my stash, as MAB Block #14 instructions are, I wanted the triangle an intact piece of fabric.  Well it worked, but took a couple hours to accomplish the 12.5" block!  Wonder how long it'll take to sew up the remaining nine blocks!

MAB Block #14 slightly changed.

MAB Blocks #6 surrounding #14.

MAB Block #6 - first FQ of stash. 

MAB Block #6 - second FQ of stash. 

MAB Block #6 - third FQ of stash. 

No comments: