Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Catchup: Feb 13th-16th

Feb 13th

Sewing day

Feb 14th

Ohhhhh hope to get over there and have one again!!!!!


Happy Valentines day to friends and family!


Feb 15th

Now this is how I kinda remember winters in my early years! Snowing every day just about and cold temperatures that you needed to dress for it! Snowbanks everywhere! 

I remember I think in my 20s that there was a weekend shutdown because we were snowbound and I was going squirrelly being apartment bound with two friends! So I walked the 5 blocks to Movie Village (used to be where Shoppers is Osborne n Rosyln Rd) to get us some movies to watched. It took 3/4 hour ONE WAY and picking time then home! Yes 2 1/2 hours and friends were frantic, thinking of calling for a search party! Wasn't going out again till roads at least cleared. Lucky me that friends lived nearby so they went home for the night!


Feb 16th

Ohhhhh I'm so glad this card was not lost! 🙏 I was really worried it was lost after Christmas, then my friend from Australia mentioned she just received her Christmas cards recently, hope was raised again! 🤞 Thank you so very much Brenda White for the lovely hexie themed and precision sewn fabric postcard! I really like the fancy stitching and sequins on the centre one! I also love the variegated satin stitched binding! 👏❤ I've not thought to do that, will have to try soon!

See this swap was to be sent out by October 31st or thereabouts and it arrived today from England!!! Also it was naked, as is - not in a plastic sleeve, and arrived safe and sound, only slight pink postal markings visible on the sand fabric! WOW, WOW, WOW!!! 💫



OKAY I can get off the porcupine cushion and relax!!!! Paddle Wheel pattern by Judy Niemeyer of Quiltworx.com published in American Patchwork & Quilting, April 2015 (magazine is with my friend Edna now).

I can tell you that Lindsay was very impressed when I was at the PO to mail it off! See Kathi received her postcard and I can finally show you all the craziness in miniaturizing her 36" quilt to my 4" fabric postcard - no shortcuts either! Basically I took one of the pictures in the instructions and cut it up into individual 3/4" finished sized blocks, copying with spaces between, and paper pieced the regular way! Not the just learnt paperless paper piecing I did on my Schooner! Yes there were many times I swore, even teared up in frustration but persevered for my 'Thank You' gift to her. One day I'm going to make myself the regular sized hanger, or slightly smaller!


See one block started actually next to the ruler. 

Finally all completed! 

Major migraine!!!

At this stage I'm smiling and can feel! 

Dang it!  I was to finish it in black 1/16-1/8" border!  Dang it!!!!!

It shows better on its own fabrics. 


Finished front, my first 5x7" fabric postcard. 


Kathi's photo of her 36" quilt and my 4" replica on the upper border! 

Well now that I've settled down I can say I too am getting fed up with Old Man Winter's bitterness! Especially since I picked up Sylvia, both had Dr appointments, lunch at Tim's on Sylvia's MPQ gift card, then drop off some of that pile of stuff for Monica (who is sewing doll clothes now - lots of nice stuff in there) and the rest for The Mission Thrift Store. Then while driving Sylvia home Edna called and we all enjoyed the chat. Lastly dropping off my recycle, bank and gassed up before heading home to watch the Jets! First time in this cold spell I was not dressed properly!!!

No comments: