Friday, February 18, 2022

Catchup - Feb 17th-18th

Feb 17th

Well for once I had a themed fabric postcard ready to mail out once recipient's name was received for the PFA Swap (mailed well ahead of month end).  The only thing I don't care for is my penmanship!!!  I like my WORD generated postcard backs better!  I also  wanted to tat a heart and attach it over the fabric heart design.  Pattern is Heart for Laura by Jennifer Williams, I tatted in Lizbeth size 20 colour 671 Christmas Red.  Nope not possible as I had thoroughly stitched down the ribbon bow, so just temporarily tacked it in place on the opposite side.  This way it can be removed and used elsewhere without damage.


You can see the temporary thread joins.


WOW a surprise today! My tatting swap from Janella of Alfred NY USA arrived with a few lovely useful items and a letter! First off is a tatted 4x5" red heart (free pattern from Handy Hands 2021 catalogue, also on their website as a free pattern) I just may stitch onto a simple mug rug to enjoy by my easy chair. Also in my colours she needle tatted in yarn a 7" hot mat that for sure I'll stitch onto a plain protective hot mat to use. This Marigold pattern is from the book "New Tatting" by Tomoko Morimoto. And also her own experimenting with split rings tatted scissor fob, each one turns out differently she says, and it matches my scissors. 💞 Thank you.





Okay here's another item going out into the mail tomorrow, again before the month end deadline. This is part of the Fringe Tatters swapping program, celebrating their 50th exchange. So I've chosen something "Celtic", The Celtic Chain Donut Pendant by Patti Duff published in the IOLI, The Bulletin, Spring 2019 in a colour I'm not used to using, so hopefully she likes it. Used Lizbeth size 20 colour 129 Purple Splendor with 601 White. This can be made into a pendant or broach, a decoration sewn onto a bag or hat band or a hanging decoration. Also the Celtic Knot Christmas Tree Heart pattern by Ruth Perry. This little decoration was very challenging for me and glad I finally got it woven and anchored into place! Used Lizbeth size 20 colour 181 Cranberry Blush.



Feb 18th

OH MY!!!! It was a might miserable walking to Winnipeg Clinic for blood work and to the PO at Portage Place then home. Sidewalks were just about blown in and previous footsteps uncertain. But look what I saw coming home! Spectacular!!!!


Feb 18th

Sylvia and I had an ABC sewing day with reubans for lunch and we went over to Sal's for supper! We're working on the huge bags of donated fabrics, mixing some of our fabrics in and making up various types of ABC quilts. I'm taking pictures as we finish and sending to Joan to show what we've made from her stash! 

Sylvia finished one pieced baby/kid quilt and tomorrow will finish off a whole cloth quilt too! She helped sandwich and I did clamshell quilting on one off the four flannel blocks quilts I'd sewn together recently, brought it home to put the label and binding on it this weekend. 

Fancy stitched binding. 



Clamshell quilting of flannel block quilt.

She's working on the binding for this simple whole cloth type quilt. 

It was a lovely way to pass a brisk winter day - not at all blizzard like conditions!  

On the way home I passed a water main break just north of Morley on Osborne.  The south bound lane was the worst with rippling water flowing into the northbound lanes.

No comments: